Elk in the lake

Elk in the lake

A Story by HELLCAT
"

Very short, strange story I wrote while in a band of the same name. It's sort of a fantasy, for lack of a better term.

"
My home in the valley was scorched by fire, leaving me with no where to seek shelter. My body is tired and broken, pushed beyond its natural limits, begging for nourishment. I see your reflection glinting in the sunlight ahead of me, not knowing what to think. I run to you, my new hope, embracing your entity within my heart. Galloping along the old trail that once was home to all of natures creations, dust rising in my wake. I stop, taking you in through my elongated snought. Your refreshing beauty astounds me, even in my weakened state of well being. Stepping into your coolness, being embraced by your purity, we are at last one. I take your soul into my broken body, letting it engulf my life with your presence, willingly. Soul of my beloved lake, heal my wounds. Touch my spirit, fill every part of me with your life. I am now at peace, my soul is leaving to become something else, to awake as a new beast. A terrible beast with only the memories of a destroyed home, and in my wake you shall know me for the song that I sing. A plaque of broken dreams, buried beneath the sea. Left wanting for something unknown, I'll be sure to burn every last one of you, and there will be nothing but ash. The sun, my ally, my enemy; my mother. How could you have turned against me? For now I must continue, in new form, on a trail of destruction and sorrow. The sun has blackened eyes, and no one to weep for.

© 2010 HELLCAT


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
Added on September 29, 2010
Last Updated on September 29, 2010
Tags: Elk, forest, nature, lake, short story, sun, souls, strange

Author

HELLCAT
HELLCAT

MI



About
A guy who hasn't a clue what he wants. more..

Writing
Storms Storms

A Story by HELLCAT