Beautiful Truth

Beautiful Truth

A Poem by Matt Shutler

Darkness comes and the hands of time fall short as minds race to unparalleled levels.

 

A twisted sense of fear and endeavor intertwine as the soul and mind mingle.

 

The heart’s rapid palpitations are an icy strain, yet hope still echoes within.

 

Eternity seems to advance and the smallest glimmer of light begins to grow.

 

Each step, the blend of undying commitment and persistence, is a milestone.

 

The roars of endless tribute are sweet melodies as they grow to deafening heights.

 

Weaving throughout in harmonious ecstasy they swiftly enthrall the senses.

 

Malice drips into faded memories and the greatest of barriers splinter.

 

The light burns to its pinnacle and the vitalizing and sharp air fills the void.

 

The tempest quells, and after years of shadow, light kisses the faces of the freed.

 

© 2008 Matt Shutler


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a fantastic poem. It draws a very clear picture in my mind, great details. Keep it up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful last line to make an even stronger impression. The first and last lines are the most important. You write them beautifully.

Posted 15 Years Ago


woah. I could spend all day in this poem. Each line is like an eternal point to ponder, and could be posted as an individual piece themselves. There is so much profoundness and depth in these words, at times it echoes my despair, at times my hope. I'll have to go into detail, numbering the lines and commenting that way.
1-this just grabs me by the throat and says "SEE???????? That's what we've been talking about!!!" You're describing my current state here.
2-OUCH. Yes, yes, yes!!!!! Exactly! Why aren't you shouting this from the rooftops??? That is our current dilemma...while it feels chaotic, it's a necessary fusion that won't be stopping any time soon, if at all.
3-Ahh, the heart line. This one could rip mine out. Icy? yes. My hope is fading, but good to see yours is still trapped within. Great line.
4-Amen. Isn't this all it takes to rip one from the edges of death and back into the center of living? It is for me, and very timely for me as well. This should be written on the temple at Delphi.
5-Yes, indeed. Unfortunately for me, I've been stuck in a stall, but you command this line with such authority that I am certain you are not. Excellent message.
6-Yes again. funny, now it reminds me a bit of Tell Tale Heart, though that's not what the first, second, or third read through gave me. It's lovely....I can hear the soft murmur turn into an overwhelming vibration that encompasses the ears and hearts and minds.
7-yes, yes. Reminds me of a weekend I spent in upstate NY chanting. Woah, what a powerful thing to give into the vibrations of sound and revel in the heaven on earth it brings. Of course, it may not have been chanting for you....but you've gotten there your way. Wonderful.
8-AAAAgggghhhh. Yeah. That's a masterpiece, that one. The malice, I hope it does what you say, and the greatest of barriers splintering is so potent, so driven, so genius.
9-A perfect ending to this somewhat primordial soup. I can feel the sharp air slicing down my throat.

This is genius. Just genius.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 15, 2008
Last Updated on April 15, 2008

Author

Matt Shutler
Matt Shutler

MI



About
High School writer, and Editor of our paper, The Cougar Crier. I seriously love writing, and lately I actually started writing poerty (something I never used to do). I'm planning on writing in college.. more..

Writing
Duality Duality

A Poem by Matt Shutler