Cruel Intentions

Cruel Intentions

A Story by Matt Shutler
"

satire......i hate some people and how they treat people

"

They stomped through their domain with an almost cruel determination. Watching for the slightest abnormality, they pounced with ferocious ease at whoever seemed to be the weakest and who would, therefore, fall easiest into their dire charms. They reigned with deceit, scandal, betrayal, and malice; forever overshadowing all who were misfortunate enough to endure their presence for the seemingly endless bombardment of mockery and embarrassment so quaintly called high school.
 

Their stake to their oh so deserving fame and power, as would be expected, was nothing more then their flawless faces which were pristinely kept. For of course it was their greatest (not to mention only) asset, and it so obviously set them above the other peons whose meager existences were forced upon them those unending days.

 

Ruling with iron fists and tongues sharpened to their most vicious possibility, this band of the select few, who could have only been chosen by God himself, stalked their prey with unbelievable delight. The twisted sense of enjoyment and pleasure was unparalleled as they gazed maliciously upon their writhing “peers.” They tortured them with slander and ridicule cutting into them far more brutally then any razor or knife could.
 

This one-sided game of cat-and-mouse dominated the bulk of their days; though undoubtedly after they were fawned upon by their true friends. These incorrigible lackeys, parasites to the popularity they wished so much to attain, spent every waking moment complimenting and assuring that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, their idols were truly the most stunning people to walk the halls. The monotony of their praise was the only reason for their inclusion, of any form, with people of such a high and overwhelmingly superior standing.
 

So easily are they distinguished among the masses of everyday, not-so-special people who so foolishly continue to breathe the same air. Such gall they must have to simply walk where they themselves, the chosen ones, have swaggered. While required to cohabitate with such animals, their glorious presence must be immediately juxtaposed against the devastatingly normality of their classmates. The pom-poms and footballs they carried were held with such honor and respect, something of course never to be shown to their classmates. With these, all attention was instantly diverted to them, as it very well should be. Such is the doctrine of this institution after all.
 

The school itself was under their spell, and, in turn, they were the final law. Nothing escaped their harsh gaze and no resistance to their authority went unpunished. The teachers saw nothing more then a smile flashed at the perfect moment. Such good students and so kind they were in the eyes of such blind acceptance, and no evidence to the contrary would be allowed to ring through the hallways.
 

For years they governed all which happened in the hallways of their school. For years they cheated, manipulated, and ruined the lives of the copious faceless people for pure amusement and personal gain. For years they were in control. But thus, it was their place in life to hold such power.
 

However, as the melodic sounds of “Pomp and Circumstance” fill the minds of every student and reverberate in the tiniest crevices of their once expansive playground; their time has come to an end. Their sovereignty over their school and their sway over the students’ emotions ended as each rolled diploma is received by the once tormented and ridiculed. A new chapter for all awaits; new challenges, new play-things, and a new stage for this like cosmic joke to unfold once again.
 

Who will God choose next to lord over the quiet and ever so friendly halls of high school?
 

© 2008 Matt Shutler


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Who indeed? Your words and philosophy should be formed into books. Your writings remind me somewhat of Jane Austen's deep and insightful writes of humans and their desires and foolishness.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

interesting ending....good story

kudos...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

is this based on the film? i rather liked it and i thought it had a resonably good flow to it. nicely done..

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, the bitterness!
Quite lovely ol' chap.

Still a bit wordy, but that's your style, so I can't complain.

Very nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2008

Author

Matt Shutler
Matt Shutler

MI



About
High School writer, and Editor of our paper, The Cougar Crier. I seriously love writing, and lately I actually started writing poerty (something I never used to do). I'm planning on writing in college.. more..

Writing
Duality Duality

A Poem by Matt Shutler