The Positive Suicide

The Positive Suicide

A Poem by sherwin


Put him in his room,
a patent of
his own accord.
Pulling strands of
linoleum light
through the trap door.
Underneath the sinister pulse
a zig-zag of thought,
livid and fucked,
a Constitution of his own accord.
Trapped animal.
Re-born and a need to be freed.
Breed your ideas and
annunciate
your lies.

© 2011 sherwin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You conjure up a psychiatric patient at his last ends to my mind. Very edgy, depressive people see things in nihlistic tones, sometimes I guess the world seems worth escaping.

I find it very contemporary and I like the desperate tinge.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's good. It may just be my misunderstanding of the poem, but it seems all over the place. I feel like there's too many ideas you're trying to fit into the same poem. Like I said, I might just be misunderstanding it. I am quite a bit tired, so I'm not thinking properly. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Liz
"The Positive Suicide"... This title is such a paradox. After all, how can suicide be positive? It's one taking one's own life.. which could quite possibly be the most negative thing existing. I really like "Pulling strands of linoleum light through the trap door." That is such a great metaphor and when I read those two lines I thought of someone sitting in a dark room, trapped to a chair, but then they see beams of light through a crack in a trap door which gives them hope to being freed.
Love it(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2011

Author

sherwin
sherwin

woodbridge, VA



About
i like writing ,playing music, painting. It makes me happy to do these things because of my everyday struggles with certain negative aspects in society. This is how i deal with that. I'm am not a .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Nameless Nameless

A Poem by <3Lil.Bit(:


Dear "it" Dear "it"

A Poem by typingaway