Inpresent

Inpresent

A Poem by Aeco
"

When do you live?

"

Inpresent


Tell me. Which is better? 

To live every moment. 

Breath every second for one’s future

Or to loom and idle in the memories of one’s past?

I tell you this. 

Neither of these are the ideal choice. 

What lies ahead is constantly shrouded in a misty road. 

No matter how clear the path may seem, there is always an indiscernible future. 

To give up one’s present is to gamble one’s potential.

If one broads and laughs only at the joys of the past they too will be unhappy. 

If one looks retrospectively ceaselessly then one too can never enjoy the revelry of the present. 

One should not attempt to live in an immutable fantasy which will constantly tantalize them.

© 2017 Aeco


Author's Note

Aeco
Tell me what you think please. Any comment is welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nothing is certain in life. I completely agree with the theme of this poem, for it shows that residing in the past of becoming too caught in the future is destructive. Being too caught in the future can also be dangerous, but at least when you are living in the now, you can move on instead of remaining stagnant. Great job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really like it. you add some good points through your poem. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2017
Last Updated on May 15, 2017

Author

Aeco
Aeco

Columbus, GA



About
Hi Aeco here! I'm an Korean-American with a dry sense of humor and a love of trivia. I am extremely meticulous over wording and often get stuck in my writing because I don't know how to perfectly tra.. more..

Writing