Paths

Paths

A Poem by William Free
"

A poem

"
Time, it flows ever onwards regardless of our wishes, each second ticks away, a grain of sand through the eye of a needle. Some moments may take longer to pass, but each in time will leave you to only look back and wonder. Each moment you have, hold on to as tight as you can, and live each one to the fullest. Spend every moment you can with those you hold dear, for they too can slip away, and pass through the eye. People come and go, and the road of life is long and weary. Every now and again though, you will come across someone who will walk that path with you. These people are the treasured friends you have, and the lovers that you meet. Each one is spectacular in their own rights, and each will walk with you as far as they can. Some will slip away, as hard as you might try to keep them close, while others will walk with you for miles, as we pass away the years. Remember those who've slipped away with smiles, and wash away your years. Treasure those who walk with you, and help you with your fears. We cannot know what each bend in life will hold, for path is long and narrow. Sadness and joy will find you as you go, enjoy every second, they're all you have as you grow old. When the path seems to shorten, and every step weighs like a mile. Do not grow fearful, just look back on all you've done and smile. You have left your mark, and that can never be undone. You may not change the world, but what the hell, at least you had some fun.

© 2015 William Free


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on March 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 23, 2015

Author

William Free
William Free

Barrie , Ontario, Canada



About
I am a soldier in the Canadian armed forces. I love to read and write and am an avid fan of horror and fantasy. My dream is one day to get a book published, first I actually need to finish one I start.. more..

Writing
Rage Rage

A Poem by William Free


Gold Gold

A Poem by William Free