I missed being whole…

I missed being whole…

A Story by Pax
"

talking to my inner child.

"

When? When was the time you felt complete?

When was the last you felt like you're content?

Have you ever asked yourself these questions?

 

 

     Well I guess all the time; it’s what I’ve been wishing

     for quite some time now.

     I think the hunger never fades.

    Content, a part of human nature that is hard to please.

    Though I only want simple things.

   A simple type of happiness that speaks volume.

 

 

What is this hunger all about?

 

 

        The hunger for something, the most complicated

         feeling you ever step upon.

 

 

I don’t know what you mean?

 

 

              It’s too complicated for you, your innocence is too

      apparent.

 

Ok, I’m young but my mind is too curious. What do you hunger by the way?

 

 

               Me, I don’t know. Like I said it’s too complicated to

      answer.

 

But why do I sense that this complication is just about love?

           

 

You’re a smart young fellow or you just watched too  much romance lately. *smiling*

           Well, I guess you can put it that way.

 

 

So I’m right, have you ever broke your heart before?

 

 

             Not too many times, but I have. Falling in love is just

           like giving a piece of you to this person.

A piece of memory to cherish,

A piece of thing to remember by,

or even a piece of emotions like the other half of your

heart is taken away on the

person you have lost.

 

 

So you’ve given a piece of your heart?

           

 

*smiling*

 

 

So who’s the lucky girl?

 

 

Well, from all the past relationship. She's the one who really stuck deep within. I guess, I never did find closure on it. Perhaps I never did show how much she meant to me until she left and we parted ways like nothing had happened.

 

Oh, that’s so sad. Do you still love her?

 

 

I can’t answer that. It’s hard to understand this kind of emotion, even me can’t totally figure it out. why are you asking this kind of question.

Why do you want know? My life is a complicated mess.

 

 

No its not, I know because I’ve been always here. Always been there through the bad and good times of your life.

           

 

Yes, I know and I thank you for that. You’re the fond

memory I always cherish.

The child in me I hold so dear. And about your last question I will just leave that a mystery. Someday I will be able to tell you that, but for now I can’t express it in words. Sleep tight my child.

 

 

Good night older me. Soon you’ll tell me. *yawn*

 

 

         I’ll off the lights now. Have a pleasant sleep dear one.

© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
the story is a little fabricated and truth mixed up...




My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very interesting story you've written Pax. To me, it involves a man in reflection with his inner child in an attempt to go back to an earlier time, before the opportunity with a special girl played itself out. If he could only tell that little child what to do, what to say, and how to act, perhaps life would be different and not so empty without her. Being able to enjoy that "simple type of happiness that speaks volumes."

The middle of the story is so telling and is to me the most important and powerful part:

Falling in love is just
like giving a piece of you to this person.
A piece of memory to cherish,
A piece of thing to remember by,
or even a piece of emotions like the other half of your
heart is taken away on the
person you have lost.

These sentiments are the crux of the story to me and the elements that have fixed themselves upon his mind despite his good natured an cheery disposition with his inner youthful self. Love can leave an imprint on the heart that never leaves. This depiction portrays that to me whether fabricated or not. Great writing Pax.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

wow. Very detailed my friend... your great yourself my friend for you understand it very well... Tha.. read more
Relic

11 Years Ago

You're welcome. Thank you.



Reviews

that was very interesting ..and well greatly done...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pax

10 Years Ago

thanks, I am glad you liked it... there is something in this piece that feels warm to me... perhaps .. read more
stars are far

10 Years Ago

yes the sound of the young man in this make us feel the innocence in it ...
my pleasure :)
Hello, bro! Glad to see you here again.

This is a unique presentation of your concept... an interview of the inner child to the older personality. But I saw this one as one of your old published works here. Glad I've learned a style from you today. I will make something like this in the near future, Idol! LOL

BTW, I hope it will be okay to you if I will suggest the following for the enhancement of this piece:
* When was the last you felt like YOU'RE content?
* Perhaps I never did SHOW how much she...
* it’s been what I’ve wished for quite some time now.---IT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN WISHING FOR...
* You’re the fond memory I always CHERISH.
* but for now I can’t EXPRESS it in words.

Pax, hope it won't make you get more ice from the refrigerator. LOL.

I enjoyed the concept and the style. It's a brilliant idea. Keep it up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pax

10 Years Ago

hahaha, meron nang ice naka prepare, this was written unedited, It's been long I just visited this f.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

On leave? Why? I hope you're okay. =)
Very imaginative, Pax; a creative way for you to work things through.
Making poetry for fun and healing! (Not much profit in it, though.)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pax

10 Years Ago

indeed! but we love it... thanks mr. Frank...
I sometimes have conversations with my 'inner-child' and find she is just as complicated as me! Still, we muddle along with our neuroses, self-doubt and fears. But sometimes she astounds me with her insights!

Loved this lovely work of yours. Unique and compelling. Thank you for joining in the contest Pax.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pax

11 Years Ago

thanks ms. Helena.... glad you like this piece... i find this piece quite close to me... near to hom.. read more
Helena

11 Years Ago

You are very welcome Pax.
A large undertaking written very well. Tis amazing how although we age and -learn more day by day, at heart are much the same as we were, intrinsically selves with hints of experience and understanding wrapped around. Love your discussion with inner child.self. Guess we are what we were meant to be but might wear a different hat!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pax

11 Years Ago

Ms. Em's i thank you greatly for your review... i wear different hat everyday but im still the same... read more
Nice. I didn't see that last line coming. Very nice.
I enjoyed this piece alot, especially the part about love. How the elder you wouldn't disclose everything, but he did let him know that the story had a sad ending.
Great Write, it's going in my library :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pax

11 Years Ago

wow, thank you very much. a surprising end right...
Glad you enjoyed it my friend... for me t.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CS
Dear Pax, your writing always touches me so deeply. It is not easy to have these conversations with ourselves. It is far more difficult to share them with others. That takes a lot of bravery. Whether or not you have fabricated or mixed up truths, the meaning behind it remains the same. To know who we really are, and to fulfill our own needs, we must speak to the child within. Adults overcomplicate. Children do not. Love is love and it is doesn't matter if it is lost. It only matters that you knew love.
I hope you have a pleasant sleep too, dear one.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pax

11 Years Ago

i know right! its not easy to Dodge the questions this child asked for he have seen alot... and i ag.. read more
awesome story Pax, felt the emotion here.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Pax

11 Years Ago

Thank you Captain as always your a great friend!
This is a very interesting story you've written Pax. To me, it involves a man in reflection with his inner child in an attempt to go back to an earlier time, before the opportunity with a special girl played itself out. If he could only tell that little child what to do, what to say, and how to act, perhaps life would be different and not so empty without her. Being able to enjoy that "simple type of happiness that speaks volumes."

The middle of the story is so telling and is to me the most important and powerful part:

Falling in love is just
like giving a piece of you to this person.
A piece of memory to cherish,
A piece of thing to remember by,
or even a piece of emotions like the other half of your
heart is taken away on the
person you have lost.

These sentiments are the crux of the story to me and the elements that have fixed themselves upon his mind despite his good natured an cheery disposition with his inner youthful self. Love can leave an imprint on the heart that never leaves. This depiction portrays that to me whether fabricated or not. Great writing Pax.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

wow. Very detailed my friend... your great yourself my friend for you understand it very well... Tha.. read more
Relic

11 Years Ago

You're welcome. Thank you.
I like this inner dialogue within the self and it is amazing how we tend to answer the questions that we ask ourselves even if they are childish thoughts or the child in us that does not want to grow... A very unique write and I have really enjoyed this unique write...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pax

11 Years Ago

the inner child in me never grows i guess for its always stays the same even his knowledge grow... m.. read more
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

Smiling...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

506 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on February 23, 2014
Tags: inner child

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fly TRAP! Fly TRAP!

A Poem by Muse


Holocaust Holocaust

A Poem by Muse


Caged Heart Caged Heart

A Poem by MOON


Aisle of Sorrow Aisle of Sorrow

A Poem by MOON