Hunger Within

Hunger Within

A Chapter by Pax
"

a philosophical thoughts of what lies within our soul seeking hunger

"


How does a person satisfy the hunger inside …

A certain appetite that grows every minute in each passing day

Once tasted you keep wanting for more …

 

Note:

There are many types of hunger within:

 

~ A seeking hunger for wisdom

Hunger for Truth

Hunger for Knowledge

Hunger for Answers

 

~ A yearning hunger within oneself

Hunger for Acceptance

Hunger for Freedom

Hunger for Justice

Hunger for Love

 

~ A specific hunger for flawlessness

Hunger for Beauty

Hunger for Immortality

Hunger for Perfection

 

~ A Hunger if not balance goes out of hand

Hunger for Power

 

 

> with all those above, if not handled moderately, excessiveness kicks in then its much harder to stop.


 ~~ i just realized now that i still don't have the right answer to my question above, for now i guess love will satisfy any hunger with added balance to it.

 

 



© 2013 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
Its part of my mini booklet:
Excessiveness of Human Nature

I just sum up of all types of hunger i see from within...

I may not know how philosophy work or I don’t have any learning knowledge on how it works… But I believed on what Aristotle’s quotes said: “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” So I decided to put this up and share what I know about this piece.

The question above the note is what I hunger at some point of my life. And the Note just specify all I see around me and within me. With all that I hope you understand what I’m trying to conveyed in this piece, if not question me right away. :)

Enjoy learning my friends.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Know thyself"...
I feel your hunger. Many times I have felt the same way you do. I keep on asking myself what I really want in life. There are lots of questions that I still don't know when would be answered...or if those are really answerable.
Hunger sometimes leads us to confusion. We are confused of what would make us complete. You know what? I am starting to discover it now... for I am doing things that make me happy - those things I'd love to do.
When we are engaged in a work, commitment, or any situation that we cannot get out of...hunger attacks. That's because we are not satisfied by the situation we have, and the kind of things we are doing. But when we determine how can we cope up with this trouble in ourselves, we develop ways on how to manage our time, allot enough for recreation and especially our hobbies which make us happy and contented.
But, I feel like you are an artistic or creative person - you are full of talents and skills which you cannot practice all due to your schedule, the place or something. You want to be accepted by the world for who you are, and yet you feel that some people take you for granted for being you. Don't worry. Like what you always advise to anyone, life is a survival. I know you have gone a long way in your path of life, and still you have to take the long road you want to go on.
I admire you because you have that eagerness to make a book (although you mentioned it as mini-book only). We are the same in that case because I also want to publish a book, or books, if God will allow me to, before I get older. I admire people like you....sort of inspiration. I learned a lot from you. Thanks.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

Kabayan.... i want to say a big thanks... I am here rereading your words.... and i still find it ove.. read more



Reviews

These are all so very true. Good knowledge issues

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i hope we never get totally sated...because there will always be something to strive for to learn and grow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

you honor me with your visit mr. Jacob, thanks... i guess it only dies if we are at peace in the hea.. read more
your last little tiny line about love is my answer too.......wonderfully done Pax. I think love conquers all. Love is the key and it is in all of us

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thank you so much my friend... I'm glad you can relate..
I find this all to be very true... especially the part about once you've had it you keep wanting more. Wonderful write and I think all of us can learn something from this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thank you my friend... yes its true... all it takes is one taste and you'll hunger for more...
Every one of us has respective “hunger” that needs to be fulfilled. Such hunger drives us to work, to stay healthy, to pray, to help, to associate with others and etc.. In time, we might satisfy certain hunger within us but we turned to be insatiable, as certain “hunger” would again arise on top of the others. We are designed to be that way for what will happen to us when we no longer have any drive to fulfill our “hungers”?What will happen if we do not have questions anymore? if that will happen, I guess, we would be living without sense of purpose anymore. So, hunger is good in that sense. Such a stimulating write kabayan.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

wow, i have dig some of your wonderful thoughts kabayan... savor the taste of your insight... our se.. read more
'A Hunger if not balance goes out of hand'

lots that i could relate to and understand in this. the strong ones for me are love and beauty but truth is important to me as well. as long as the hunger is satisfied we can survive, i feel very lucky in that respect as i do feel very content in my life. fantastic.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thank you my friend, your fantastic as well... :)
I'm glad you understand this piece and share.. read more
Sounds like Buddhist talk. The only religion that makes any sense.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

oh, i really need to study more on Buddhism... seems sometimes it reflects some of my wondering... T.. read more
True, food and material things do not not fully satisfy that deep, inner longing within us. Like you kabayan, I might not have the right answer for all my questions but I think it is more helpful to reflect upon our own unsatisfied hungers and discover the deepest longing of our soul.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

yes, so true... reflecting on it is helpful knowing information... its a constant discovery... Salam.. read more
Androglossia

11 Years Ago

walang anuman:D
All of us have different hungers, but I think what we hunger for most is not love but acceptance. We want to stand in the circle, not outside it. Only the bravest can walk alone.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

wow, Marie my friend... you always amaze me on how short you answered and how deeply striking your w.. read more
That's what I love about your writes Pax you are always reaching for that knowledge, ever searching and finding ways to make us think of things philosophical, and succeeding, by searching yourself and bringing us along.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

*tight hug*
thank you dear friend, I hope your enjoying the journey of my thoughts on this mat.. read more
Corset

11 Years Ago

((hug))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1159 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 16, 2013
Last Updated on February 23, 2013
Tags: Hunger within


Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I flunk! I flunk!

A Poem by Pax


cruel to me cruel to me

A Poem by Pax


A Profound Journal A Profound Journal

A Chapter by Pax