emotions sickness

emotions sickness

A Poem by Pax
"

-

"

Gravity, Gravity, Gravity pulls me away,

Heading, Heading, Heading towards uncertain ways.

Answers are distance apart, too weary worry.

 

Leave me be, emotions sickness.

You are my pure weakness.

 

The hologram memories,

Bleeds haunting entries,

Triggered by many entities.

 

Sometimes it’s just too much

   with just one touch,

Cravings comes in a rush,

   fragile heart being crush.

 

Knowing you, I must arise

   in the dawn of sunrise.

I raise my hope to be able to cope,

to stop the lasting loop of this urging dope.

© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
Just to be clear it was never really about addiction on drugs – it can be anything, part of your emotions like over possessiveness on love, food or just anything you could think off. It started as a word play on gravity, but it goes differently when I write introspectively.

As part of being human, I guess we all go through certain addiction to something. knowing this takes a lot of control, hope and faith to survive.

i can't find any picture that would fit with this poem so i just put the picture of my cat back at home, its blackie on redlight.

takes me weeks to finally finish this, now finally being able to share this with you...
thanks for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is indeed very deep Pax. Its almost hard for me to penetrate. Your piece is open though for any application that suits our present predicament. Wow there are so many faces of addiction. And often times we rise early in the morning to numb that or to have a quick fix. It could be an inner struggle of will and mind. To give in or not to give in. I knew a person that has been addicted to cigarettes and the cravings for nicotine overpower his will to quit. It took 3 heart attacks and an angioplasty before he found the strength to let go. I knew a person that was addicted to alcohol that completely ruined his career, marriage and lost everything. Including his own reputation and respect. I can go on and on and on. Its just way too many to name them all.

I'm not sure if there's such thing as addicted to love . This is something that I really need to have. Do you know that it has been predicted that in the last days. The period that we are now. The love of many will grow cold ? This love is towards God and our fellow men. Even the elect (christians) fall under this dire warnings. But its been happening and sometimes hides under the guise of " indifference " . The model of love which the New Testament Church exemplified were lost in this generation. Can we love someone or somebody too much that it could be addictive ? I believe the only person that can really do this is the true LOVER of our soul. And He is still and always passionate about us. And He still and always pursue us like a passionate lover. When we are addicted to something other than true LOVER of our soul. We are settling for less and cheap imitation. For the LOVER of our soul purposely designed and fashion our heart to have a void and space that He alone can truly fill. We settle for less when we try to fill this hole and void with things and stuffs and whatever it may be other than Him. But its not a permanent fix but only temporary patch.And we go on and crave and crave for more ...and we never truly get satisfied. Not only that He is the LOVER... He's also the Satisfier of our heart's desire. These are healthy desires that He poured and lavish us. And there's no bondage but total freedom under His care. And once we tasted this love or His love. Its not only addicting but contaminating. And it touch and affect anyone or anybody that it comes in contact with. Would you resist such an addiction ? I don't know if there's even a cure for that once you've been bitten or hooked !

Pax thanks again for penning such a thought provoking piece. I saw that you poured your heart and soul on this one and appreciate you sharing it with us. Hope you will find the right picture but the cat pics is already perfect for me. Have a bless day my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Marie

10 Years Ago

I think people can be addicted to love--I mean the sensation of "falling in love". And they're alwa.. read more



Reviews

I got that. Very nice ,very thoughtful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Packed in deep the words. Left to ones interpretation. Anyone can really relate to this on pretty much any level. Having it hit a nerve or nerves reading his. Super great this is!

I know how it is finding a pic to suit the writing we want it to speak for. Never easy at times. I have some waiting for pics.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gravity, Gravity, Gravity pulls me away...
I love that opening line... And "hologram memories"... A beautiful expression...

To me, this is indeed about love, and the crush of it-- the sway of the heart between denial and acceptance, between hope and despair... between feeling calm and insane... when it moves away...

Scientists say that the parts of the mind that control emotion, are connected to the parts that control pain... This is why it does, truly, physically hurt, when we are "hurt"... And strangely why writing out our emotions is also healing for physical pains...

Anyway Pax, this was, painful to read... Well done, my friend...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

More like an obsession towards something, Pax?
Some passion consume us and make us forget about everything else.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I guess this is why the Buddha said the way to Nirvana was through detachment

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, gravity does pull at us...sometimes to good, sometimes to bad...
I have an addictive, obsessive personality myself, so my life is very limited...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emotions can certainly make a person ill.....that much is true. Love can be like a drug and when it is withdrawn, well, the pain felt is very real. Memories can haunt a person at a time like that. Your words are well written. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gravity pulls us down to ground and not the other way around, which is why the first few line readily get readers’ (or is it just me) interest.

The concept of emotion sickness is really open to interpretation. As I browse ideas below, some equated this emotion sickness to “love addiction” but it could also refer to “feeling-so-alone-sickness”. This is such a negative feeling that could send us to the brink of our sanity. It adversely affects our way of thinking. On a personal note, I think that the more a person is feeling lonely, the more he/she is prone to the so-called “love addiction” or the need to get attention of others in order to offset the feelings of loneliness.

nakakatakot naman pusa mo. hehehe

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are many kinds of addiction but in my own interpretation, this perfectly fits for an addiction to LOVE. The last verse is something that strengthens my belief as to what is this all about. Anyway, each reader is free to interpret this piece and I think we have different interpretations.

I like the anaphora and alliteration in some lines.
Nice concept everyone can relate to.
Kudos!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


weary heart weary heart

A Chapter by Pax


anxiety attack anxiety attack

A Poem by Pax


Drips of wisdom #12 Drips of wisdom #12

A Chapter by Pax


I am so blue I am so blue

A Poem by Pax