landmines

landmines

A Poem by Pax
"

------

"

In poetry I unload to explode

To break free from all the dynamite

I usually kept hidden

My passive nature makes me resistant

to its pollutants. 

Sometimes they’re more like landmines

Awaiting for someone

Who stomp the wrong buttons 

Then detonate

And explode between my shouts

And cries.

 

In all honesty

No matter how resistant I am to become resilient 

my core is too vulnerable to crumble

By a simple backslash of toxic tongues

And suddenly I fall in my knees to simply walk away

No battle is worth an effort

When you know it’s just pride

Battling himself.

© 2015 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
The poem speaks for itself, but I just want to confirm yes, I tend to bottled-up my feelings. That is why sometimes I easily get depressed. I don’t speak-out a lot or just careful not to hurt anyone with my words. So in poetry I rant almost everything so that it will not eat me into depression.

Its hurts me when I look back, to those people who say mean things to me that I simply ignore because it’s not worthy to argue anymore, they tend to get stuck on their own opinion, too closed to have an open mind.

thank you for reading me

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your sadness and frustration about life in general so often wraps around your words. Tis sad that you're made so aware of unkindness and indifference because you don't deserve such behaviour. However, sometimes tis better to speak out, smile or shrug.. not let folk think they have the upper hand or power to offend. Focus on friendship and good things, my friend.. wrap yourself in those, truly can help.

This poem is superbly expressed.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I believe writers must write the truth. Without the ancient writers. We wouldn't know the truth. Real a Dryden. He was honest and disliked.
"In poetry I unload to explode
To break free from all the dynamite
I usually kept hidden"
Fearless writers.We must be. Hidden words had no value. Thank you Pax for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love the overall metaphor of you, yourself being a landmine - hidden and unpredictable. I am the same way personally, I tend to keep all my feelings to myself, either anger or sadness or joy, and sometimes I just go off on people . . . but like you say "my core is too vulnerable". Even though we can be destructive in some ways we are soft at our centers. This is very relatable my friend, very true and beautiful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can relate to this piece and know what it feels like to hold things inside, afraid to say the wrong thing - even though I may be screaming inside. This is a very good analogy for how it feels to battle that pride you speak about. I tend to shy away from writing my true feelings down so applaud you for being able to do it for the release you need :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a really explosive write and you made an impressive connection between landmines and the words or criticisms of people...

If I may suggest one thing though - if you use an analogy, like you do with landmines, then it would be more apt to completely utilize that full picture, for example, the use of dynamite, is for me not as ideally suited as landmines, because a landmine, like someone's sudden words, can explode and cause damage easily......yes, dynamite can do that too, but I think that is a different analogy....:)

It was great to comment on one of your poems again my friend....:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poignant write Pax so well expressed, the anger that wells , our wounded pride.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your piece captures the internal struggle of a gentle one.
We extend to work a problem out, thinking to be met in the middle toward understanding. But most just wash over us, like a wave to prove their worth, or strength. Hurts deeply, but you know what.. your the strong one Paxy. Thank you for sharing your gentle soul, in a great piece of work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"my core is too vulnerable to crumble"

killer line! this paradox is justified in your poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So our inner being is like those fields with landmines well-hidden? I like your analouge. And I agree with you: people sometimes stump fieldmines hidden within us, and sometimes we are the ones who stump them.
Being a silent person is always hard, when all you do is to keep all inside you, and I say so because I'm kinda the same. Writting always helps me.
I like your poem, not only because of the concept, but because I can se a reflex of me on it.

Very well my friend :)

Greetings.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brilliant finale! The vulnerable and sensitive person will always have trials in life unless they stand tall and accept they deserve more and place boundaries...not easy! Good to read you today hon :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1267 Views
23 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 3, 2015
Last Updated on June 28, 2015
Tags: #poetry, #depression, #expression, #explode, #landmines, #unload

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax