love is superficial

love is superficial

A Poem by Pax
"

in this world #2

"
will i end up alone
and lonely?
seems like
i can't love
anybody...

in this world
i stay cage
of society's standard,
wanting the things
that seems so superficial...

now i realize
my likes are also
superficial.
they never really
dug deep.

love is superficial
at least to me it is...

in the end
it seems i can't love
myself...

© 2016 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
stream of thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'.. in the end.. it seems i can't love.. myself...'

Won't ever agree with how you see yourself. because as a long-time 'WC friend, you're loyal and kind and that matters, believe me. AND so many others here will say the same. Please, please stop doubting yourself.

i know you can smile and find joy in life, seen it, shared it. Perhaps being away from family/old friends, familiar places shift you into dark thought? Bright lights and gaudiness isn't the place to be when simplicity and reality is what your spirit needs.

Real love is NOT superficial, it's the complete emotional feast, believe me. if you can find the taste for such a feast by finding what's calm and beautiful, exciting and just a little over-indulgent at times, you'll find Self smiling more.. and thus.. someone will smile back at you and.. guess what .... Your words will fly the sky in bright lights!

Your poem is finely written, my long.time friend; your feelings erupt here and there, your use of phrases tremble a little - but that's what writing from the heart means. This thoughtful post blazes with both sincerity and truth. That's what matters.

Did i read like a preacher or fool, or both in the above? If so I apologise, it's just that i 'd like to see a smile across your face in 2016!

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, my very shining friend... it's been quite some time i haven't been here, i missed.. read more
emmajoy

8 Years Ago

And so are you, Pax. Remember: if you have the will and power to love, you will be loved in return. .. read more



Reviews

that's where it gets tough not loving thy self! your not the only loveless thing in this world there's many of us out here! thanks for the emotions in your penning!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, this is heartbreaking, you have a resonating poetic voice and your words are so refined in regards to the message here, born an artist of words you are my friend, keep it up pax!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like how you make superficiality connected to doubts - never heard of this depiction before

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love can never last if it's only superficial - it far too complex. You need a huge amount of tolerance and understanding to go along with it. I like the honesty this poem relays :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes Pax! To know love beyond a superficial definition or description, we must experience the love we hold for our being. How can we let go of self and the ego while learning to cherish oneself? It is a delicate dance. This is the core of our spirit I think.
Then, we can change the title of our love song...

Well expressed.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very introspective stream of thoughts Pax...The end made the poem stand out for me because you summed it up with much wisdom. "In the end it seems I can't love myself". Emptied of love for the self, what can we offer others? Your stress on superficiality is spot on. The world has changed so much. There are no roots to anything anymore. Neither love, nor friendship or relationships. This poem spoke to me much.

I really appreciate your profile. It says much about you. Have an an amazing day.☺

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

perhaps love of self is a bit of a red herring and just being content with oneself should be the goal. If we can keep our own council and be glad in our own company then that's a start. Love of the romantic kind seems to be the hardest thing to achieve, kind of like climbing K2 - only the few will achieve it but perhaps someone will come along who will help us to reach smaller summits.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wish I could say bright things here to make you believe in the cause of love, but with my own experiences it is hard to uplift when my own thoughts tend to run parallel with yours of late.
But, with one difference, I know I can love, and I can love myself, I am my own best friend, if the superficial do not see or want to see the beauty of Pax, well then you are "handing out" in the wrong circles.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Perhaps, we see things as superficial because we have set a high standards. Or may be, we suspect that love is superficial because we are only capable of sharing a pretentious kind of love. This is very cynical write on love.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
I can relate to your thoughts. An honest maybe sometimes confusing strain of ideas that come to one's mind.
Self-reflective, thoughtful, easy to understand write containing a good choice of words.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1158 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 24, 2016
Last Updated on February 24, 2016
Tags: #love, #lonely, #alone, #society, #standards, #superficial

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..