gun nuts -are we really bitter clingers?

gun nuts -are we really bitter clingers?

A Story by willyo
"

guns, 2nd amendment, personal freedom

"

pistol-01-june1pistol-03-junebiblepreacher

I mean really, are we?? Remember Obama called all us appalachian folks(read hillbilly) bitter clingers in that as economic times grew worse we would cling to our bibles and our guns. Well I’m here to tell ya, YEP!, I am a bitter clinger! Why? Well, we are all bitter with the politicos having free reign with our tax $$ and now look at the mess the economy is in(although, I like the gas prices)

Big Oil dude- duhh!

Big Oil dude- duhh!

. Come on now, we elected these fools that have been running our lives for far too long. Oh, I’m not sayin’ this is our fault, we(Jon Q public) we dont have all that much to choose from do we?? A two party selection( and a couple other party’s few will vote for) democrat&republican. Ever seen elections in other countries? Hundreds of candidates to choose from, the green party, the workers party, the kitchen sink party, hell, lets have a party party! I’ll vote for them.
Ok enough bitterness. Why not cling to religion? Nothing wrong with a little hope and faith, nobody else seems to be lookin’ out for you and me. I think the various religions have been around a lot longer than any kind of politics(that used a voting system,anyway) If having a little faith in that things will work out for us all because the big dude is watchin’ over us, all well and good, whatever floats yer boat(remember Noah?) be it Baptist, Protestant, Lutheren, Catholic, Islam, or The Church of Holy Spectre of the Christal Meth, Doomsday Phrophet, and tattoo emporium, If you believe you feel better!( Hell, I live in an old Baptist church after all!) Now as to guns. Yeah a lot of us cling to our guns, and why should’nt we? After all we paid a lot of money for ‘em. In our constitution the second ammendment GUARANTEES our right to keep and bear arms( or arm bears)colt_shoots. We use ‘em for hunting, personal protection, and a form of cheap,legal fireworks for various holidays. Oh and they’er FUN! All those gun control advocates are probably angry cause mom or dad forbade them to have “such a dangerous thing around”. Bet they never got held up, mugged or knifed by some crazed madman.Those same moms also forbade them to have a “dangerous motorsickle” when they were younger too.( having a bike teaches responsibility- either learn to be responsible or learn to be dead!)
motorcycle171 Now all the “gun nuts” are worried that Obama is going to make all guns illegal, do you really think Obama can re-write the constitution? Don’t think so Bub! And all the internet rumours i keep hearin’ about some kind of new law that cuts the shelf life of ammo to six months of shelf life. Thats some kinda Mission Impossilble crapexplode-04-june(too much TV i guess). NEVER HAPPEN! This kind of technology just flat don’t exist. So, relax, pray, shoot and have fun! ” Better days are comin”, but, you’ll never live to see ‘em! ( my Dad always used to say this to me when I was young, Thanks Dad!

© 2014 willyo


Author's Note

willyo
not spell checked- from my blog at www.willyobiker.wordpress.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on December 23, 2014
Tags: guns, west virginia, 2nd amendment, freedom, bible, 4th amendment, privacy

Author

willyo
willyo

big bend, WV



About
i am a 65 y/o retired chef, biker(now disabled because of it!)ex military, farmer, whew. want to learn to write, have some stories id like to flesh out. more..

Writing