Elucidate

Elucidate

A Poem by Christopher 'Windstorm' Kells
"

i am trying something new, abcdabcd, dcba, abcdabcd thats the order of the lines and how they flow together... enjoy

"

Elucidate

By Windstorm Kells ©2009

 

Sundering heartbeat

Emotional literalism

Creates that of history

Corruptible intolerance

Ideas breathing passionate heat

Thundering literature realism

Words surrender to our quarry

Fabrication strips our intelligence

 

Governments breed ambivalence

Honor besmirched without parry

A maimed world of materialism

Pufferies are the libeling treat

 

Man’s fallacious biocidal feat

Bewildering seedy barbarism

Leaden promises of redemption in purgatory

Even if condemning our souls with ignorance

Defilement of souls distorted compleat

While chided for our individualism

Humbly stand with wisdom as its glory

Actualize decision on reason, not imbalance

 

© 2009 Christopher 'Windstorm' Kells


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Something tells me religion/politics is involved... lol...

This was a unique read. The rhyming scheme isn't what I'm used to, but I sure loved the content you've got going on here. I feel like this is about the chains of mankind--religion. I'm not yet sure if this piece favors religion or not, but I get the feel that it is not favoring religion, considering some of the verses that happen to stand out.

Your poem is certainly a thought-provoking piece. Somewhat of a tongue-twister of a thought! Excellent work!

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

WOW. OK... I did need a night to sleep on this. Yesterday it was WAY over my head!! First off... I'm impressed by the structure.
Secondly.... woahhhhhhhhhh.
I'm gonna look up a few words before commenting more....
GAH... ignorance was bliss... now that first line (yes I'm undereducated!!) makes me feel hurt inside! How powerful a sentiment!

I know you're right. It's sad and horrific and is the stuff my waking nightmares are made of.
When I break this down, it is so piercing... each line creates a sensation in me... truly gifted writing here, my friend!

This piece definitely blows me away. You're right... I DO like it! In fact, it's going in my library. It's so sad that it's true... perhaps we can turn things around by keeping this piece in our minds. Noble, that's what this is!
Thanks for sharing!!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

fantastic piece of writing... very nicely said.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very intellegently written. just goes to show what can come of someone stretching their boundaries and trying something new! great work

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breathtakingly done. I am completely impressed and in awe. This was a fine accomplishment. It is going in my favorites for sure. Reminds me a bit of a couple of pieces I wrote called "The Independent Nation" and "Some Things In the Shapes of Men", but only better. Much better. Kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Damn, this goes far beyond great reading. This is one of the best pieces of literature I have read in a long time and I am not just saying that. This struck me in a way that I can't really explain. I'm not sure if in part it was the style of the poem or the way you made the words flow together but this was magnificent. Keep up the great work and I will definitely continue to read.


Blessed Be

Brette

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A deprecating glance at humanity and its modern proclivities. I like the scheme although a bit choppy...it adds punch to the context. Good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

777 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 4, 2009

Author

Christopher 'Windstorm' Kells
Christopher 'Windstorm' Kells

Eugene , OR



About
As the wheel of time goes ever on, we change we learn and we shine, i am thankful this year for many reasons, i am 35 this year, so i look forward to an exciting year, with new friends, old acquainta.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain