Genesis

Genesis

A Chapter by Wind Wild
"

Some basic explanations of the world.

"

Creation

Memoir 0


“They say that the World was created by a single creature �" a god called Aaurus. They say that he himself knew nothing of its creation, that he merely wanted to fill the void he awoke in with colour, shape and sound. Alone, in darkness, that is how he came to be, but… can you imagine how scary it must have felt? Nobody around you, not even Light itself?

So, he created soil, and air, and fire and water and with them �" mountains, rivers, rocks and the sky itself. And then, they say, he created Life. He started small, with flowers, trees, insects and fish �" and then bigger �" with cats, dogs, lemurs and chimps. Do you understand, Hazumi?”

“He created everything? Even us and the neces?”

 

A soft chuckle shook the raven-haired woman’s shoulders. “Yes, even us and them. We came last, us two. ‘Creatures with wings, beautiful, light, magical’, he must have thought when he created our heads, and our eyes and our feathers. And then, ‘creatures fowl, nasty, sly’ when he imagined the neces, his idea as vague as the rules that bind them.”

 

“And then?” The child urged, wide-eyed with quiet excitement.

 

“Then…. Then Aaurus divided the World he had created between his offspring. The top �" for us, the skies, the palaces and the light. The rest he gave to the neces �" the soil, the fire and the darkness. Ours were the brilliant and vast realms of Nebe with its arches and freedom. The neces had a different freedom, dark and deprived of essence.”

 

“Essence?”

The woman smiled and ran a hand over the head of her young daughter �" merely four years of age. “That is a story for another day. Look, the sun is almost up.”

 

“But mama, what about the humans? And what about the Surface? And the Ater lumina? What about us?”

 

“There, there. Do not rush. Everything will become clear with time. For now �" sleep. Sleep, together with the neces that plague the night. Sleep. Now it is safe.”

 

….

 

At first there was nothing but a dark empty void... A space deprived of an essence where neither light nor darkness were absolute, where the concepts of good and evil were just as ghastly as morning fog reaching everywhere and nowhere at the same time. A space where even life and death themselves held no meaning as there was naught alive, nor dead.

 

And then there was a spark. As the non-existent and the existent whirled and whirled around each other endlessly, there came a point where they stretched out, distanced themselves and eventually... parted. A line was drawn between them at that moment, a border and in that margin the first creation was born �" Aaurus, the Origin. He who would later be called God, the Creator of All.

 

And create he did. He had the entire void in his hand, a space so full of paradoxes that only needed to be separated and shaped into existence. He created lands, oceans, light and darkness, life and death.

 

And then he created lumina and he created neces �" beings selfless and beings selfish. To each a home �" one soaring high up in the cold sky, and one deep, deep inside the warmth of dirt.

 

….

 

A Lost Memory

 

Binaries, lines, margins and borders, the lumina say, is what separates me and you, us and them…. However… it is also said that love and hate, life and death, hold no meaning unless they are paired. For is it not the presence of one and the lack of another that constitutes what they each are?

 

Then, how do you really tell them apart? If they all exist simultaneously and cannot exist separately, then what makes them different?

 

This is why we disagree with the lumina. This is why we say that the world was created by desire and skill but is governed by hope, despair and Chance. Two twins and an outcast, an adopted child too different to be called one’s own. It is that odd imposter that truly gives meaning to All. We call it the essence of Life. Because essence is Life, and Life is essence, each meaningless without the other.

 

It is essence that drives the world, Azel. It is change that drives us.

….

 

Yet, even if he was the first Creator, Aaurus was not the sole one. He had created life, but Life itself started creating. The beings alive gave birth to happiness, sadness, love, hate, and above all �" Meaning. And for Meaning they fought.

 

The Origin observed the tiny creatures as they loved and hated each other, as they fought and attracted death upon each other,… and he failed to understand them. His own core was that of the void - it was deprived of emotion and as such what he saw puzzled him for the first time in his existence.

 

As he watched and watched and watched there was one thing that he thought he finally started to understand. It seemed that the newborn creatures had something he lacked and Aaurus was curious to understand what it was.

 

What he did next changed him forever. He focused his gaze on one being, one nex, called Lucy. And his gaze never left her. As he watched her endless cycle of life and death he understood that there was only one way to truly comprehend Life’s creations. Instead of separating this time he did what the void had once done and merged his existence with that of Lucy. He gave away half of what he had been to her and acquired half of what she had been.  The two beings formed a union, each becoming half-God, half-Life, each now halved but also complete. And they celebrated with the creation of a new race �" the humans.

 

Those would be the true divine offspring, combining within themselves the void and also the essence. They would be set on the Surface, the no-man’s land between Heaven and Hell, a truly marvellous place that neither demon nor angel could truly appreciate. With that final creation Aaurus and Lucy reached an agreement - they had interfered enough.

 

Whatever their offspring were about to do from now on was truly curious to observe and way too complicated to comprehend.



© 2017 Wind Wild


Author's Note

Wind Wild
Please let me know what you think and especially if none of it makes sense haha!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on August 28, 2017
Last Updated on August 28, 2017
Tags: angels, demons, urban, fantasy, low, Europe, modern


Author

Wind Wild
Wind Wild

Bulgaria



Writing
Hazumi Hazumi

A Chapter by Wind Wild