Ken Ham imagines dragons

Ken Ham imagines dragons

A Story by Kayja Symphious
"

An essay about creationism vs. evolution.

"

I cannot begin to describe the simple pleasures of understanding. To do so, would only downplay it's importance. That one simple pleasure is what separates us, and allows us the fortitude to move forward with greater confidence. 

Let us not confuse confidence with superiority, as many in the past have done. Admittedly, understanding dose indeed make one feel great ,but it's roots can be found in the most basic form of a child's question. Because of this simplicity, it has received a harsh tone of resentment.

No one wishes to be bested by a child's question, especially in the past. Such childish inquiries back then were quenched by saying, "Because God made it so." With that, the burning need for understanding was controlled... but not for long. Some of those children never gave up their questions, and decided to peruse answers. This, however; was met with sever punishment. At this point, some of you reading this now are laughing at such a ridiculous claim, but I assure you Galileo wasn't amused.

What dose this have to do with the modern society we have today? Shouldn't we let the past, stay in the past? NO! Of course not! Even in these modern times, there are still many who are punished, tortured, and even killed for opposing such ignorance. That said, in more civilized countries such actions would be seen unfavorably. This is where individuals like Ken Ham try to bridge the gap.

As a respected biblical creationist (that's an oxymoron if you ask me) Ken Ham asserts that the Bible is completely true. Not that he has any real testable evidence to support that, but that's not a problem for him. After all, if one changes the word 'evidence' to 'circumstantial claims' and replaces 'testable theory' with 'anecdotal stories' , then creationism makes perfect sense. Permit me to explain.

It has come to my attention that the museum (it doesn't deserve that title) in which he is C.E.O. of, is now running an exhibition that claims dragons might very well be real. Please notice the language, it's quite important. The way he proves this point, is by saying that there are so many accounts of such creatures. They appear in stories far and wide, in every corner of the world. As such, they should not be considered pseudo-science. He gives no real testable evidence, mind you, none at all. But because he's not technically claiming dragons are real, no one can say he's lying. It's a pity language can be used this way, but he doesn't stop there.

During debates, it is often his pleasure to let the audience know that he is not alone with such crazy ideas. How could anyone disagree with Dr. Raymond Damadian M.D.? The well respected inventor of the M.R.I. scanner. He believes that dinosaurs lived with humans too. If that doesn't convince you, Perhaps you would like to hear what Danny Faulkner PhD. has to say. He's a well respected astronomer that likes to study binary stars. All of this sounds wonderful...except, it doesn't. Are we to believe that Ken Ham feels we should all marry our cousins, because Albert Einstein did? I doubt it.

What does this say about Ken Ham? A man who shows no contempt, in trying to fool the public. Maybe he hasn't heard about the supreme court ruling between the Dover Area School District Vs. Kitzmiller, or maybe he simply refuses the ruling. After all, he feels the entitlement of a higher purpose. From a supreme being, that relies on others to do his work? Perhaps. Because of this, nothing will divert his attention. Not even the fact that many scientific advances have come from evolution, or that evolution has testable concepts that can be applied in every discipline of science. 

None of this matters to Ken Ham, but I'm sure he will say that he is willing to listen to any reasonable retort to his claims. This is an outright lie, of an acidic nature. Said only to make others think he's a reasonable man, but no reasonable man can believe in creationism or, it's failed cousin, intelligent design.

In science, humans strive to understand their world, to make sense of it, and use the knowledge to benefit all. Creationism, allows for none of that. Only the darkest mind would yearn for it to be true. Don't live in the dark. Don't follow Ken Ham.

© 2014 Kayja Symphious


Author's Note

Kayja Symphious
If something seems wrong let me know. I will gladly hear your words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

marvellous piece!! informative and funny. I find your writing sublime, Kayja.
a very enjoyable read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kayja Symphious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Woody. I have quite a long road ahead of me if I'm to get nea.. read more
Woody

9 Years Ago

gosh, don't say that. I'm flattered and honoured but you write beautifully yourself. I've fallen in .. read more
Alright, third to last paragraph, made me crack up. You gotta correct that typo, please...

But in general it is truly great and I like it a whole lot.
You can sum every detail up and put it the most beautiful and powerful words. Love it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kayja Symphious

9 Years Ago

HA! Yeah, I guess I better fix that huh. Thank you for your kind words, they mean so much to me.
Jonas

9 Years Ago

I'll try and keep 'em coming.
I’m not exactly sure what the message was, but I liked it. All of us are a little crazy, or we would go insane!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kayja Symphious

9 Years Ago

Well thank you for taking the time to read it. I need to work on making it clearer. It's about under.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

546 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on September 10, 2014
Tags: creationism, evolution, atheist, religion, Ken Ham

Author

Kayja Symphious
Kayja Symphious

Alton, IL



About
Just seeing if I have what it takes to entertain the world with my stories more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5