Death of the Marienettes

Death of the Marienettes

A Poem by Deep in the Woodline...
"

I don't know who you voted for or why, but I've never been a big Obama fan. Guess this says it best...

"

Yesterday left on a train

Ragged old suitcase

Clutched in its hand

Packed with faded hopes

And tattered dreams

To retire as memories

 

Pin-point predictions

Of history are made

By those not there to live it

Tales built on agendas of fear

The new playwright needs

To move the puppet's limbs

 

Freedom bought with men's blood

 Is quickly wiped away

As the sponge of tyranny

Sops up the remaining drops

Of lives, liberties and happiness

Before eyes glazed with hopium

 

Tomorrow's coming later today

And with it, a New Order

One that brings New History

Of salvation from Old Ways

As euphoria pales, sobriety appears

Too late to kick the habit

 

Marienettes cover the ground

Writhing in agony, cold turkey

The Pusher cuts the strings

He smiles at his handiwork

As he polishes his Spanish

And brushes up on French

 

 

© 2010 Deep in the Woodline...


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gurney Norman spoke in Berea a few weeks ago. He talked of Kentucky literary traditions and the real meaning of 'world class'. This is it, brother. The range and depth of your writings here are the best of the front porch tradition of story-telling. You have something important to say and all the best words for saying it. Glad to see you around the cafe again.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have a great respect for the French since without the nation of France there would be no America. I've been reading Franklin, France and the Birth of America by Stacy Schiff; the Pulitzer Prize winning novelist. She points out in great detail the idealists like Rosseau and Voltaire whose inspiration helped form the foundations of our own liberty as well as the contributions made by that nation in arms, money and soldiers; like General Layfayette and others in the American revolution. I would like to see more bi-partisan participation in our branches of govenment but with all the squabbling that goes on while our citizens suffer; it's highly unlikely that a government of the people, by the people or for the people can overcome the politics of "yes we can and no you don't" in Washington. It's the same story no matter whether democrats or republicans are in power; "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Meanwhile our country slips further and further into the abyss. We now owe the Chinese more than our grandchildren will ever be able to pay back; so much for the ideal of "free enterprise". Finding an item at Wal-Mart not made in China is nearly impossible. My job that I worked at for over twenty years was sold out to other countries under a republican administration so I don't see any difference in the change of administrations. The rich get richer and the poor stumble around unemployed and homeless. Perhaps its time to throw them all out and start over from scratch to reform the government dreamt of by our founding fathers. I think we are headed for a greater depression than the stock market crash of 1929 and the global economy supports my fears. I just find the entire situation deplorable and sad. Just my thoughts.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

521 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 20, 2010
Last Updated on February 20, 2010

Author

Deep in the Woodline...
Deep in the Woodline...

Where-You-Least-Expect-Me-To-Be, KY



About
Trying to find my way out of the forest. I have been lost for so long now, but I finally see some light. more..

Writing