Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by A.L.Exley

Sigyn was disappointed Odin hadn’t given her any new advice, as she felt hopelessly stuck in her current skill level. The practice was only slamming her face with constant reminders of her poor magic ability, especially now that the Queen was no longer there to help. But she didn’t dare question the King when he sent her away, so she took her usual route through the Asgardian streets back home, unaware she was being followed.

Loki was smart enough to watch the girl from a distance. He noticed how strangely she walked. While other Asgardians strolled casually, she took long, hurried strides. She was constantly looking around at her surroundings as if expecting to get attacked. If made him extra careful as he followed her home.

She lived where a lot of other Asgardian commoners did; in a three-story apartment building. But upon quietly undoing the lock and stepping inside, Loki noticed the room was anything but Asgardian. Weird pictures covered the walls, and a bunch of earthly knick-knacks were scattered over the shelves and tables.

The girl was sitting on a couch, facing away from him, strumming an instrument he had never heard before. It had strings like a lyre, but they were stretched across the wood, and she laid it sideways on her lap. Loki knew for sure that this girl was not of Asgard.

He carefully crept towards her. All he needed was to put his hand on her head for a second, and she’d no longer be a problem. But just before he touched her, he was sent flying across the room.

Luckily, Sigyn was familiar with basic self-defense magic. After sending the stranger into the wall, she flicked her wrists, and the rope from the nearby curtain secured him.

She considered running, but once again, her curiosity (and anger) won her over.

“Next time you break into someone’s house, make sure they don’t have magic!” she snapped at the stranger.

Loki looked down the rope. “I’ll admit, this is slightly impressive.”

“Any last words before I throw you out the window?”

“Please don’t.”

“Will you at least tell me why you broke in here?”

“I came to find out what a mortal is doing in Asgard.”

“Well… that’s not really any of your business.”

“It’s Odin’s business.”

“Okay, dude, just… who are you?”

Loki ignored her strange earth dialect. “If I told you, I’d have to promptly erase your memory.”

“Well if neither of us is willing to talk, we’re kinda in a stalemate.”

They stayed in silence for no more than a minute before Sigyn impatiently cracked. “My name is Sigyn. Odin brought me here from earth because I could do magic, and ever since, he and Frigga have been teaching me how to control it. Well, mostly Odin now, since...”

“Frigga?” Loki frowned. He wasn’t surprised about Odin keeping secrets from him, but hearing that his mother had also stayed quiet about her new student was a harsh poke in the ribs. “Well, now neither of them will be able to mentor you. I banished Odin to Earth.”

Sigyn frowned. “But I just saw-”

In a flash of green, Loki turned into his disguise.

“Oh my god, that’s freaky.”

“And you’re the only one who knows,” he said, turning back.

“And you want me to keep it that way,” Sigyn said, catching on. “Luckily, there’s no one for me to tell, so I guess your secret’s safe.”

“Excellent.” Loki struggled against the rope. “Do you mind?”

“I’m still a little ticked off about you breaking in here.”

“Fair enough.” Loki flicked his wrist, exposing a long knife from his sleeve that cut through the rope. He stepped away and brushed himself off.

Sigyn stepped back with her arm out ready to make a move if he tried anything. “How did you…?”

“We had a common teacher,” Loki said, walking towards the door. “As fun as it was being tied to your curtain, I think we’re done here. Just keep quiet about Odin, and we won’t have a problem.”

He left, but Sigyn wasn’t done, so she ran after him.



© 2019 A.L.Exley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on January 21, 2019
Last Updated on January 21, 2019
Tags: marvel, fanfic, norsemythology, humor, frienship, loki


Author

A.L.Exley
A.L.Exley

MN



About
I believe stories are one of the most important things in life, whether they take the form of books, movies, or pictures. A story is in insight into someone else's mind, offering an escape from our ow.. more..

Writing
Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by A.L.Exley