Another look in the Mirror

Another look in the Mirror

A Story by Angel
"

I was at the hospital over the weekend to visit a friend, and looked up at what I thought was a window to another room but it was actually a mirror. These are my thoughts...

"

I see her. There she sits: alone, afraid, lost. On her face is an etching of pain, so overwhelming as it cascades in consistent waves. The pressure builds, intensity ever increasing. She yearns for relief--for someone or something to ease the tension. Her throat is worn raw, burned by the desire to scream, to pour forth her anguish upon the unfeeling world. She trembles, the horror all the more intense by her silence, and I watch. How can no one see her? In the silence, I hear the pain that’s locked deep inside. My cold, stony heart is forced to sympathize with another…a sister soul in the struggle with suppressed emotions. Any yet…still no one comes to her aid. The people drift along, as soulless as the wind that drives the oceans. I ache to be different, to run to her side.  To be that one person of comfort, the spark of kindness in a world of blackest night. I look around, finding no other help on the way. It’s time for someone to stand for what’s right. I rise from my chair…and promptly fall. Voices call out to me, strangers without faces rush to my side. I try to tell them of the lonely girl more in need than I am. But then…that’s when it hits me. The creeping, sickly, icy cold tingling that crawls up my spine, the stab of sudden acknowledgement. There is no other girl. That was merely…my reflection.

© 2011 Angel


Author's Note

Angel
Thoughts and opinions welcome! Helpful advice as well...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

301 Views
Added on May 16, 2011
Last Updated on May 16, 2011

Author

Angel
Angel

Statesville, NC



About
I am a 19 year-old girl who's firey and outspoked. I say almost anything that's on my mind and I'm not afraid to defend myself, others, or what I believe is right. I am cool, calm, and collected. I en.. more..

Writing
Moonlit Tears Moonlit Tears

A Poem by Angel


Hello Stranger Hello Stranger

A Poem by Angel


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Angel