Winter Theme(s)

Winter Theme(s)

A Chapter by Wondering Mind

 

Rain falls down window
I scribble your name inside
on a misty pane.
 
Wind wildly blowing
Cold shivers down my spine.
Winter is lonely
 
Snowflakes fall slowly
white covers our pathway.
The heart warms in memory.


© 2010 Wondering Mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a soft write, kinda delicate

Posted 4 Years Ago


it's exactly what winter is. even though the conditions make it lonely, the beauty of its purity brings warmth and good memories to keep us company.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Short, silent and quite unique.

I enjoyed the gentle way the picture was painted

Posted 13 Years Ago


Triples!
Nice, I also liked when you used the silent rhymes to end and start a thought again!
The more I read, the more you impress me!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very lovely poem. So much emotions showcase with such few words. Truly a gift for one to capture a moment we all have experience at at time or another. It read to me like 3 strong haiku poems put together to make 1 powerful poem. Excellent write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This speaks to me...I am a winter's child grown into Woman's Winter! I enjoy your style of writing...pulling one in while still allowing their own mind to wonder!

Posted 15 Years Ago


My, my I must return as I forgot to mention the thought of the wind and the sound of chimes clanging in the midst of the breezes, as it is one of my very favorite sounds. I think I could have a 100 different chimes tinkling, clanging, ringing, and never tire of them. They bring peace to my spirit!
So, another review. Am I allowed to do this?
If not, I will delete it.
Here's for the wind and the sound of chimes!
Sheila

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh how I love the rain, and the wind, and cold weather! The sound of rain is so soothing, and a wind howling is a sensual sound to me. The cold makes me feel alive.
You have it all in this thought provoking write.
I love the image of you writing a name in the mist on the window. That is always such a dreamy token.
....a wishing for, a longing for!
Beautiful sentiments!!
Sheila

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow - fantastic! what I liked is how you corresponds this winter image with human feelings. this ending was totally perfect. I really adored. favorite.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a beautiful depiction of winter. Also the winter images brings a memory of another time and another place. Well done.

Author: Nancy Lee Shrader

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
11 Reviews
Added on January 26, 2009
Last Updated on October 21, 2010



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SILENT THIEF SILENT THIEF

A Poem by Helena