The Chosen One

The Chosen One

A Chapter by Wondering Mind

 

I’m a convict of my past, 
an inmate of my present, 
an accused of my future. 

Crimes which I have not committed,
and will not commit.

But it seems, in this fair trial, 
I’m always the chosen one.


Should I commit them now?
 


© 2010 Wondering Mind


Author's Note

Wondering Mind
I didn't know what to call this. I know it's not poetry and not a story. Or maybe it is!
call it a cry against discrimination

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is cool almost on a political level =)
I like the theme. It does seem like discrimination causes people to expect things of others, and the pressure of expectations can then turn into a reality.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I promise you, WM, it's a hung jury--made of those who impulsively condemn and those who are just enough to consider facts. And for that reason, you have just enough freedom to stand before us today and speak these heartrending words of unjust accusations. This is superb beyond measure, for it allows us to gaze in the mirror and consider just what type of juror we are in this world.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
. oh, it's very powerful ... and that discrimination you speak of is very painful ... it's very torturous to see the universe in pain ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Do your words need a title?

What you feel, what you think and how you express yourself is what matters ..

You see a beautiful flower: you don't know what it's called but, its perfume haunts you, its colour stays in your dreams .. that is all important, that's emotion.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Dear Wondering Mind,

A write full of the intense desperation of a soul trapped without a hope of redemption. I understand the feeling. Putting someone in this position is something we should avoid like the plague, as this is a recipe for disaster.

Again, well penned.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 15 Years Ago


I would call it "Revelation of a Wondering Soul"
Pretty written, and formed in a way of a monologue-like declaration.

Posted 15 Years Ago


What about: "puzzling though poem"!
It is very poetic and you could register and make the "rules" others should follow!
beutiful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


It is indeed a story, so thoroughly written that few can pull it off! I am very impressed with this you could in essence turn this into a novel!

Posted 15 Years Ago


You know, I think poetry is what we want it to be....it may be rhyme, free verse, other "techinical names", but when I relate to the term poetry, I think of a message from a writer to a reader written as verse, and not as a chapter/story.
What you have written is poetry! It says something about you, and how you percieve your life, and the situation of your existence! And, also a sense of frustration!
Many struggles in life, and many beyond our control!
My compassion is for you!!
Sheila

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nicely penned great write we are all convicts of something, got me thinking for sure loved it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

750 Views
10 Reviews
Added on February 2, 2009
Last Updated on October 27, 2010

The Book of Experi-Mentals



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..