Simple

Simple

A Chapter by Wondering Mind
"

from a simple mind

"

awareness

has seldom slumbered
to acquaintance

of simple things

 

often, still

I stop

 

and wonder
in awe
at the ways of ants



© 2012 Wondering Mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.

I thought of this Verse, when reading your Poem .. Way Cool !!


Jasmine :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wondering Mind

11 Years Ago

Thank you Jasmine :)



Reviews

i wonder too at the organization and diligence of ants. as though there is a collective mind at work. it is amazing how even the minutest things we don't pay attention to have intelligence. are you familiar with the borg?

Posted 11 Years Ago


I've always wanted an ant farm but I was always to afraid it would break and I would have to spray my pets :(

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow, loved the degree of depth and analysis that is a natural contemplation
set to a still moment, the bigger the outlook the smaller person becomes.
wisely envisioned and artistically expressed, I enjoyed this very much

Posted 11 Years Ago


I wrote a poem about Ants once on a different site, fascinating creatures they are.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simple & brilliant ! Aesop Fables come to mind.. Did you know they herd aphids like cows.. it's an interesting relationship between them...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When it comes to human beings (or any higher beings there may be) the virtue of ants probably resides in the eye of the beholder.
It seems to me that ants just do--what they have been created to do, or what the survival instinct urges them to do.
We, the observing, more exalted consciousness often attribute to these tiny limited creatures qualities requiring individual choice; choice they are not likely to possess.
Finally, I suppose, WM, the method of delivery does not much change the outcome--or that "Simple" is a clever, perceptive bit of work, and hardly the product of "a simple mind."

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOL, too cute i wrote a poem about snails once and how they creep me out.
This is cute, love this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wondering Mind

11 Years Ago

Thank you Poetry luv {Kay} :)
....

11 Years Ago

not a prob.
lol, I wrote a poem about ants once.....fascinating little insects aren't they? They are always SO busy! Loved this little write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wondering Mind

11 Years Ago

fascinating they are!! I know I can learn quite a few things from them. I shall have to read your po.. read more
Fine piece of writing, a look at the things most of us don`t look at - you have the eyes of a poet.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is the simple things that we may overlook... if we pay attention there may be something awe inspiring in the smallest of life's wonders.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wondering Mind

11 Years Ago

like trickles of rain on a window :)
Thank you for sharing with me my simple wondering

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

864 Views
15 Reviews
Added on July 3, 2012
Last Updated on July 6, 2012

The Book of Experi-Mentals