In the midst of dotted lines

In the midst of dotted lines

A Poem by hanselwheresgretel?
"

I find it ironic to think about all the things that could happen to me while i'm sleeping, just before i sleep. Because, then, i wouldn't be able to sleep anymore.

"
In the midst
Of dotted lines
A child falls asleep
On the road

Drifting unconscious
Fleeting to the corners 
Of dreams

---

Sweet demanding sleep
As she picks him gently
He stirs into form

The awakened man
Banked by strangers
As he is born

© 2015 hanselwheresgretel?


Author's Note

hanselwheresgretel?
All responses are welcomed. but please be kind, this is my first work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

An interesting investigation. No royal roads here, but an every day kind of commute unto the residue gathered in the corners of sleep... I liked it. And the subject has loads of potential.

Thanks for sharing.


Posted 8 Years Ago


I love your use of words, the imagery, but to understand the way you use words I need to read more of your work. Both of these poems are intriguing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


hanselwheresgretel?

8 Years Ago

Appreciate your thoughts garrshaw :) im still trying to find courage (and inspiration) to post more.
Okay, so the stanza I like most is the last one. Perhaps, because it´s the one that makes most sense to me. A sort of an instant connection. When I read it the first word that came to mind was - reincarnation. I´m not sure if you were thinking about the same thing when you were writing it, though. That´s the magic of poetry - a few words can have different meanings to different people. As for the last of the poem - hmm, I don´t know...It´s strange. But interesting.

J

Posted 8 Years Ago


hanselwheresgretel?

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review Juliana! :) to be honest, yes reincarnation did come into my mind.. but only a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2015
Last Updated on July 11, 2015
Tags: birth, death, coming of age, reincarnation, enlightenment, flow, hanselwheresgretel?

Author

hanselwheresgretel?
hanselwheresgretel?

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia



About
Malaysian Chinese 1990 5'11" guy who secretly writes too much. Needs a place to dump all the scribbles, so here i am. Working in Human Resources, studying for my masters in counseling psychology. .. more..

Writing