My Twin Sister, My Other Half

My Twin Sister, My Other Half

A Story by write4ever
"

story I wrote in loving memory of my twin sister

"

My Twin Sister; My Other Half by Tiffany Marie Congdon

 

For anyone who is lucky enough to have a twin, they will more than likely say that their twin is their best friend. Twins: partners in crime with a sacred bond and secret ‘twin’ language that they all share weather they are identical or fraternal. I should know because I am an identical twin.

My twin sister Angelina and I were born 15 weeks premature on January 5th, 1991 in a small hospital in Wurzburg, Germany.  I am the older twin by fifteen minutes and despite the fact that Angelina was breech, my mom had a vaginal, non-medicated delivery. When we were born, we were blue and weighed under a pound. Imagine fitting in the palm of an adult’s hand- that’s how small we were!! Our tiny lives were in the balance as a team of doctors whisked us away to the nearest ICU.

At three weeks old, we had emergency open-heart surgery to repair a hole in our hearts. Due to our super fragile, small sizes, the incision had to be made on our backs. 21 years later, I still have a scar on my back. A German priest was called in to give us an emergency baptism since we were not expected to survive. But as the days continued, I slowly started showing signs of improvement and I grew stronger. Angelina was sicker than I was and it was very difficult for my parents to see one daughter improving while the other one grew worse.

February 6th, 1991 was the worst day of my parents’ lives. Angelina passed away from complications after the surgery. We were four weeks old. Years later, I haven’t changed. I’d give anything to have my twin sister back. The most precious link to me now rests in a graveyard in Germany. I don’t remember my twin sister at all, but there are no words strong enough to even describe the huge hole in our family, if I could have anything in the world, it would be to have my twin sister back. I know that Angelina is not suffering or in any more pain and that thought comforts me. I have a very special guardian angel watching over my family and me and I miss and love my twin sister Angelina so much!!!

© 2012 write4ever


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sorry to hear of your sister, I know it was very painful for you and your family. Do you have any other sisters or brothers? Sometimes it's good to have that kind of support.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

write4ever

11 Years Ago

yes i do i am one out of 7!
Relic's Bare Trees

11 Years Ago

That's good, at least you have others you can go to. Glad to hear that.
Does this story concern you personally? I assume it does of course....

Wow...this is so sad and amazing. I dont know what to say...this was aweful for you and your parents....but there must be a reason your survived.....thank God one of you did after all right?

Posted 11 Years Ago


My condolances, ma'am

Posted 11 Years Ago


write4ever

11 Years Ago

thank you very much sir! :-)
This is amazing story , so sad but you survived , its a beautiful

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Patient Poet (Yos)

11 Years Ago

yes you did :)
write4ever

11 Years Ago

thanks for your sweet comments you have posted more reviews than anyone on my writings that i have s.. read more
Patient Poet (Yos)

11 Years Ago

I read more ....you are good :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1189 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2012
Last Updated on October 1, 2012
Tags: twin, bond, death, far away, love, loss


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Business/Casual Business/Casual

A Poem by c.m.