Division

Division

A Story by Aly

Mylo: There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be different

Anna: Then why does it feel so wrong

Mylo: Because the ones who are different always have the toughest battles




“Anna, let’s go.” said a male voice

Anna stares, looking back at Mylo.

Her mind flashed back to when she first saw him.

How everything was so different, now. Compared to before. Male Voice, pulled tighter on her arm.

“Anna let’s go.”


Anna pulled her arm away, and walked. Still staring at Mylo.  Who was handcuffed, watching her walk away from him.


“Mylo,” she whispered.

“Anna,” said the male voice

“Mylo,” she said.

“Anna, do not look back.”

“Mylo!” she said louder.

Male put his arms around her.

MYLO,” she shouted.

Trying to pull away from him, the male shouts “Restrain her!”


The guards came. Anna is pushed out of the room.

The sliding doors close behind her.

Anna is pushed onto the floor.


“Anna,” spoke the Male. “You cannot allow yourself to feel.”

“He needs my help. He’s my partner.”

“Your partner broke a rule, and when rules are broken consequences come along. Anna, this is what you agreed too. You either follow my order or you leave.”

Anna stared at Male in disbelief “What?”


He started again “If you cannot follow orders and cannot keep your…..feelings (he snarks at the word feelings) in order. You are not cut out for this. You will be thrown out of The Organization and I personally see to it that you are terminated, and you do not come back. Are. We. Clear?”

Anna bit her bottom lip, and started into the eyes of Male.

She looks at him.

A pause takes place. A moment passes.

“Alright,” she said in the firmest voice she could. Willing herself to sound as strong as she could.


Male stared at her.

“Alright,” she repeated louder.


They were staring face to face.

Eye to eye.

Neither one breaking contact.

Everyone around them staring.

Male says firmly to her “Alright.”

Continuing to stare but speaking to the guards

“Let’s go.”



“Assemble!” shouted Male.

Everyone stood in a line.


“Each one of you has been given a task. A job of a sorts,” speaks Male. “You each have been chosen. Your selection was not random. Each of you have abilities and talents. It is my job to make sure that your abilities and talents are used wisely and correctly. If anyone wanders away from The Organization. Misbehaves. Starts questioning this. Going against the Organization. You will be terminated and I will personally see to it. Do not disappoint me.”


“Anna. The Organization is hiding something.” said Mylo.


“Hiding something? Like what?” says Anna.


“I can’t be to sure what it is. But it’s not good. I think it has something to do with you,” said Mylo.


“Something to do with me? I haven’t done anything,” replied Anna.


“Shh! Keep your voice down, Anna.” said Mylo. “All I’m saying is that I think you were picked for a reason.”


“Mylo, everyone is chosen.”


“No. Not everyone. I mean we are but….there’s being chosen and there’s being sought out. Like specifically sought out. You were not a random decision, Anna. They have been watching you. They watch you, everyday. They want something from you.”


“Like what?”


“I don’t know,” replied Mylo. “But we’re going to find out.”


“Anna, you need to get out of here.”


“Why?”


“Anna, I cannot even begin to tell you how much there is at risk. There is more at risk than you realize. You need to quit The Organization and come home.”


“Grandma...I can’t. “


“Why?”


“There’s too much at risk. If I leave it’s just going to ruin everything.”


“You are dealing with dangerous people, Anna.”


“I know that’s why I’m staying.”


“Anna!” calls Male.


“I have to go,” says Anna.




“I feel things...for you…” said Anna.


Mylo looked at her “I can’t even begin to tell you. How long it’s been since. I was allowed to feel. It goes back to my days before I was called to join The Organization. But with you, it’s like I never forgot. “




We’re risking everything, Mylo.”

“I know,” he replied.

“Not just this. But everything. Our futures. Our families. We’re more than just partners. Us being involved makes everything worse. Our closeness as partners was bad, but this is worse. This is like water being set on fire. Impossible.”


He kissed her.

Suddenly. 
She kissed him back. 

It was like fire everywhere. 
She couldn't rememeber how to breathe. 
She could her mind shutting down, but her body kept going. 

He needed her. Just like she needed him. 
She had never kissed anyone before in her life. 

Mylo pulled her closer to him. 
All she could hear was the beating of her very own heart. 

It was like a thirst she couldn't control. Every kiss made her want more, but she knew that she would never be truly satisfied.  

Anna pulled one of her free hands away and placed it on the side of Mylo's face. 
She allowed to herself to feel. 

If this is what feeling is like, she thought. I never want it to stop

© 2013 Aly


Author's Note

Aly
Hey everyone I know it's been awhile and what you just read is some parts of my newest story idea called Division. Division is about a society that doesn't allow "feelings" of any sort and it involves a group called The Orgazation whose the Government/Military of the story. For those of you confused "Male" is the name of this guy whose like the Alpha Male of the group.

So I hope you liked it. It's bits and pieces of what's gonna happen, and I'd appericate it if you commented. Thanks. Aly.


All of this was by me. Any similar work or idea is not intentional. So please comment and tell me what you guys think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Mylo looked at her “I can’t even begin to tell you. How long it’s been since. I was allowed to feel. It goes back to my days before I was called to join The Organization. But with you, it’s like I never forgot. “" This is my favorite part!:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Great write. Though it was hard to read with the choppy sentences.. but great write all the same.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You are a good Fiction writer, your ideas are bold and strong and stand up well, this is a great start or chapter of a Sci Fi book, I would love to read more, its nice to read some of your work again Aly

leigh

Posted 10 Years Ago


Excellent Si-Fi story, Ally; take it and run with it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Aly

10 Years Ago

thank you :)
this is a really interesting concept and I think if you handle it correctly, you could have something really wonderful here. Well done, Aly! :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


Aly

10 Years Ago

thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2013
Last Updated on December 28, 2013

Author

Aly
Aly

Somewhere in the Land of Potato's :), ID



About
LoveMyProfile.com My Result: Dauntless-= click to take @ NerdTests.com =- more..

Writing
What Can I Say? What Can I Say?

A Poem by Aly


I Wanna Stand I Wanna Stand

A Poem by Aly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Won't Deny I Won't Deny

A Poem by Aly


Your Your

A Poem by Aly


Don't Say Don't Say

A Poem by Aly


Just Know Just Know

A Poem by Aly