random story pieces

random story pieces

A Story by writerholic
"

diffrent bits and pieces of stories i have written in the past.

"

I walked in through the doors. Did a quick listen to see if anyone was there and then I fell to the floor in a heap. I was crying before I hit the ground. “I can’t do this anymore.” I mumbled to myself in between sobs. My shoulders heaved up and down as I just cried out all of my frustration and pain and agony. When I was done crying and no more tears would come I stood up meekly and got to my feet. I crossed over to a chair and sat down. My whole body was numb and I was tired and ready to fall asleep. I sat just staring at the wall in front of me. It had been my entire fault.  I knew it and so did everyone else, even though no one said it out loud. We could see it in each others faces. I was hurt and really upset. I couldn’t even begin to think how the others were feeling.

Hours had passed and I had no idea what time it was. The doorbell rang out tearing the silence to shreds and dragging me up out of the chair. It was late and I didn’t have visitors much anyway. I wiped away any evidence of my tears and got ready to face whatever was on the other side of the door.

 

 

 

“Go! Ill try and hold them off for as long as I can!” I shouted over my shoulder.

“No! I’m staying with you and helping you fight!” he called back to me.

“Then both of us will die! If I stay back you might have a chance.”

“But...”

“Go!”

“Be careful alright.”

“Ya just go!”

“Look me in the eye and promise me that you won’t do anything stupid” I turned to face him and said

“I promise. Now go!” and with that he ran off not looking back. Although even if he had I would have missed it because at that moment the doors broke open and all hell broke loose. I knew that with my powers I would be able to keep them off of me for a little while. Maybe just enough time to get away. I knew that no matter how I cam out of this whether it be dead or alive I was going to fight back and nothing would stop me. “Come and get me!” I shouted as the first soldiers came running up the hill to the top where I stood. I turned and ran the opposite direction. If I could get away I would but if I couldn’t… just at that moment one of the demons hit me on the head with the butt of his sword and I almost fell over. I kept my balance and quickened my pace. “Is that all you’ve got?” I screamed over my shoulder at them almost enjoying the way they tired to climb the hill with all of their gear on. It was truly pathetic and I had to keep my mind on running as to not accidentally fall or trip over the uneven terrain. This was it I thought to my self. I had run into the wall and had no where left to run so I turned around. “You want me? Well here I am!” I shouted. I was soon on the ground and wrestling with one of the monsters when I was finally able to pry its sword away from it. When I turned around I saw the glint of a metal sword as it came rushing down towards me. This is it I thought to my self. And with that closed my eyes and did the unthinkable….

How can you look at yourself?” I screamed at him. I could feel the tears stinging the corners of my eyes but I didn’t care.
“I didn’t do anything you wouldn’t have done!” he screamed back at me his face turning redder with each breath he took.
“I would never kill innocent people like that!” I screamed at him. Now I was truly sorry I had come there and the tears were pouring down the sides of my cheeks.
“This is no ones fault but your own.” He screeched at me. For a moment the tears stopped. Then I felt something boiling up inside me. I wasn’t sad anymore. He went on “you forced me to do this its your fault their gone not mine!” the feeling grew more and more and from the depths of my stomach grew. I wasn’t sad anymore I was mad. I was insane with rage
“My fault!” I screamed at him “My fault!” I started to walk towards him. “You think that because of me a whole civilization is dead!?!?” he was backing away now his face twisting into regret but I wasn’t done yet and I wasn’t going to back down now.
“If it was my fault then how come you pushed the button? You left them behind I didn’t. I am the hero here. You are a lousy coward and deserve to die!” as soon as I had said the words I knew they were wrong. But they were out and I couldn’t take them back now. He looked as if he was going to cry and I realized I had backed him up to the wall.
“I know...” he muttered weekly as he lowered his head and slid to the ground hugging his knees.
“What?” I said the anger still tinting my voice.
“I know.” He said again against the fabrics that muffled his voice. “I know and I’m sorry. I thought….I thought…” he couldn’t finish. The anger had left me and I just sat staring at him as he cried silent sobs his shoulder heaving up and down. I was staring and starting to feel guilty. I bent down in front of him and placed my hand on his shoulder.
“It’s alright.” I said to him in a soothing voice
“No its not. I killed thousands of people.” He sobbed.
“Yes but you saved millions because of it.” I said. He looked up at me with red rimmed eyes and said
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry for everything I put you through and for all the pain and suffering I have caused.”
“Look at me.” I said to him looking at him in his shattered state. He slowly brought his head up. “Things are going to be ok.”
“I never noticed that before.” He said staring at me.
“Noticed what?” I said
“The way your eyes shine in the moonlight.”
“oh.” I said feeling my cheeks reddening. Then as I looked up he was leaning towards me and then… we kissed. It was only for a moment and it was sweet and kind. I pulled back slowly in a daze. We just sat staring at each other for a moment and then he broke the since.
“I have wanted to do that since we first met.” He said looking away slightly.
“I didn’t know you felt that way.” I said stupidly.
“I promise you that I will do what I need to, to keep you safe.” He said
we camped out along the wall for the night and I fell asleep for the first time in months dreaming sweet dreams instead of nightmares…

 

It’s so beautiful out. I thought to my self as I leaned over the body. I didn’t know what to do. A swarm of emotions were just bouncing all around me.  Why did you have to go in the jungle? I should be the one cold and dead on the ground right now! The sadness that was building up was turning into something. Something I couldn’t quiet figure out. “I’m sorry.” I muttered under my sobs

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today was the day. It was Saturday like always and it was hot with a gentle breeze out. The date was June 17, 2090. The day for independence for all aliens. They were sick and tired of people just assuming they were bad and were there to suck out brains and with the movies they used to show a long time ago I could see why the older people had such a hard time, adjusting. We got school off but the day before break the schools did this little thing on the history of the Astratic people. We look just like humans with very subtle differences. For exmple the telltall purple eyes that many of us have. We have the same face layout and what not. Just a really deep sort indog color iris. But for those who whish to fit in more there r always xolored contacts. All over the world there is a science convention where humans and astraticans come together and disscuse random stuff that I don’t care about.

 

© 2010 writerholic


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 28, 2010