Mind

Mind

A Poem by Tomahawk Joe

Lost in my mind not sure what I'll find. Where will I go even I don't know carried on thought.Confused,abused, tormented. Thoughts aren't my friend they leave in the end.

© 2013 Tomahawk Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i guess we can't control the thoughts that come into our mind, esp. the dark ones. short and succinct makes the message even more powerful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tomahawk Joe

10 Years Ago

thank you for your review
I sympathize with the torment--of being trapped with your thoughts, especially the dark ones, the kind you want to forget. Are the thoughts good? the ones who are not your friends and leave? Because I can see that...it's so easy to hold on to bad thoughts and harder for good thoughts to stay...why is that? Your poem brings about this question...that means you've done a good job at this:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Now. Now. Surely some thoughts stay. This appears to be a heart-felt appeal... for something. Life is what it is. It's easiest if we accept what we can't change. We can only control and discipline our mind to perceive what we would like. We can only pull those things to us with affirming thoughts. You need to practice thoughts that are friendly. Read/memorize good, positive poetry. Lay on the ground at the base of a tree looking up, and let feelings and smells and peace wash over you. Then try to memorize that feeling to recall it to focus when "confusion, abuse, and torment" begin to overwhelm. Do that several times, and you'll find it comes to mind easily. Peace.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tomahawk Joe

10 Years Ago

thank you for the add and your nice review
Tomahawk Joe

10 Years Ago

It's true some thoughts do stay. But as I get older I feel I have less control over which ones do o.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013

Author

Tomahawk Joe
Tomahawk Joe

carl junction, MO



About
Aspiring writer and artist,currently working on four books. And a few short stories. I have been writing stories since grade school. more..

Writing
teaser: teaser:

A Story by Tomahawk Joe


River River

A Poem by Tomahawk Joe





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5