A glance into my world

A glance into my world

A Poem by Writtenanxiety2

The non existent gap between my thighs parts its lips calling out my flaws. The ones like nails on a chalkboard. It mimics the voices of shadows who whisper incoherent things in hallways. Long paths leading to more lonely destinations the farther you walk. Each step becomes a burden and each breath turns more shallow yet slower than the next. Your eyes and ears start to deceive you, seeing words splayed across walls only to feel the slick black ink disappear at your touch. Then you hear a sound, a word, no a name. The innocent letters from your childhood formed together by that persons lips to spit out venom that wraps around your soul like a crimson thorn covered vine ready to prick anything that gets in its way. You stumble backwards, unsure what to do.
A second later your surroundings mold carefully into a clear blue, you reach out to touch this unfamiliar color only to find a glass wall. You're in a box. A cage.
You open your mouth forming a scream that never comes, swallowed by water drowning your thoughts to the bottom of that cage and they cling to your legs pulling you down with them.
Falling, sinking to the bottom and you hit the floor.
The sudden jolt forces your eyes open and you blink until you realise you never left. You only fell to the hard concrete ground where no one offers any help just a few side glances and laughs.
You lift yourself up then bend down to rub the bruise on your ankle where a strangers leg shot out just moments ago when you passed by in those very lonely hallways.
Your foot rises from the ground as you unwillingly take a step forward, continuing on with a day that'll leave a lingering bitter taste in its wake.

© 2017 Writtenanxiety2


Author's Note

Writtenanxiety2
Sorry for typos

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on May 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 30, 2017

Author

Writtenanxiety2
Writtenanxiety2

CA



About
Words course through my veins and a rhythm flows in my brain. I'm a writer at heart and hope to get some good reviews. more..

Writing