Land of Hope and Dreams!

Land of Hope and Dreams!

A Poem by Sheila Kline
"

Life is full of challenges as we work to provide for those we love, to gain respect and honor among our peers, to leave a legacy of hope in a land of dreams!

"

Photobucket


Land of Hope and Dreams photo LandofHopeandDreams_zps8783e578.jpg

 







 

 

 

© 2013 Sheila Kline


Author's Note

Sheila Kline
Land of Hope and Dreams

Huge servings of drudgery on plates of "get it done",
With common agreement the grind of life is not fun--
We get up too early, and go to bed too late,
Trying to earn money to pay bills by due date.
We do it to take care of those we love,
And don't complain as we try to maintain.

Kids are sick; cookie jar’s empty, so much wrong.
We cry, emit sighs, and sing yet another sad song,
As duties abound without enough support the norm.
Dark clouds of "too much" hang heavy in life’s storm.
We hope for healing sun to once more shine,
And send dark away from clouds of gray.

We know we must forge on to garner life's best,
Carry on with endurance to finish a grueling test.
Completing tasks, honoring commitments is the way,
To ensure respect from those who watch us every day.
As we are deemed worthy role models,
What wonderful pay for "price paid", hooray.

Nobody promised us life would be a bed of roses.
Thorns prick us; we shriek with pain, ask for healing “doses”.
We faithfully trim back branches to the first three leaves,
Spray for pestilence of blight, and scourge of disease,
Then wait for a cure to produce blossoms,
Fragrant and sweet as victory we meet.

Though at times we fail to meet most difficult of goals,
We might have to walk upon a bed of burning coals.
Accepting we must forge on, trying not to complain,
We raise the standard higher as success we gain.
Let us leave promises in a Land of Dreams,
As hope, birthed by love alone we’ve shown!


Sheila Bowyer Kline

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

another good write from you, well told of not to give up, even when things are bad. hold your head up and continue on. the road of life is full obstacles, its up to us to decide to move forward or stand aside and watch as life floats by. here is a quote from my book Dreams of Glory. "Listen to your heart, follow your dreams. And never, give up."

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

My dear Sheila, thank you for this poem that is so true to my current life situation as I come to terms with the duties and commitments in my life that I've been running from for years but can't any more. Going through the daily grind I sometimes wonder why. Yet as as you say here, we thrive on hope. Sending you much love,
DIVYA

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautifully penned poem of the realities of life....at least life as I have always found it. There is a lot of emotion and wisdom in this write. As we persevere through each storm we glean the wisom and strength to face the next one. Looking at the things we do accomplish gives hope not only to us but to leave as a legacy for others.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Without dreams and hope , where would we be ? Although everyday presents a new challenge we must rise to meet it and never give up hope. You have shown this so beautifully. Your poem is very up-lifting and inspirational. It not only gives us the courage and faith to rise to the challenge but gives us the promise that we can make things change in order to continue to follow our dreams.
Very beautiful Sheila. I am so glad that Dale sent me to read this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your talent never ceases to amaze me! This expresses the sentiment so wonderfully. I always enjoy all the embellishments as well. AWESOME.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Being so kind to review my poem, I shall review one of yours. You just summed up a lot of the human life in beautiful stanzas and yet they were quite enjoyable. We may realize one has to persevere to garner life's best,

Carry on with endurance to complete most difficult of tests.
Fulfilling obligations, honoring commitments is the way,
To ensure respect from those who watch us every day.
And as we're considered positive role models,
What wonderful pay for "price paid" we say!


This is my favorite part because I can so relate to it as a young adolescent. I love it, it's really wonderful and love the picture. Wonder where you got it from, but anyways, lovely and beautiful. A favorite poem of mine, good job:).


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sheila...this write is very uplifting at the same time displaying emotions and the reasons behind them, and I know them well. You are fighting obstacles in life that get in the way of life itself. The every day drugery of daily living has to be carried out in spite of what we'd rather be doing. My praise for you is I greatly respect your fight to do what you feel is a way of life, and keep hoping things will get better. Your strong will and determination are very strong in this write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yes, life feels sometimes like an endless cycle of monotony. this is a beautiful write. showing that even through the boring, stressful routine of life, there is still hope if we dream, & reach towards those dreams. the rhythm is smooth as silk & the wording is perfect. an amazing poem filled with hope & an inspiring read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uplifting and inspirational. A very lovely piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sheila, I could pick out special, memorable lines from this poem, I could say how wonderfully you'll inspire people with writing like this .. I could .. but, won't .. all I'll leave you with is:

HEART-WARMING AND BEAUTIFUL.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A great piece very well written. I like the message in tough times one must persevere. Life full of ups and downs. You are an amazing writer.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

653 Views
13 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 11, 2009
Last Updated on August 6, 2013
Tags: Challenges, Hope, Pesevere, Hardship, Overcome

Author

Sheila Kline
Sheila Kline

WV



About
I am a Poetess of Multiplicity who also enjoys genealogy research, current events, folk ballads and Irish/Celtic music, and I am a grand lover of dogs! I strive to live by the philosophy o.. more..

Writing