Religious Rhetoric

Religious Rhetoric

A Poem by Willard Wells
"

Series Death

"

light shines on each day

giving views of a dirty

world as blood flows past


darkness in the day

bodies strewn about the streets

then more blood flows past


in the name of God

religious rhetoric now

more death vows promised


© 2016 Willard Wells


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's the kind of message that people nowadays want .. no i stand corrected.. People need these kinda poems which can give a strong message as this poem does..
In the name of god, what people do are the things that not even god can think of ! It's getting worse and worse as each day passes by.. And to convey what you feel about this in such a short poem and make such impact on readers is amazing !

Thank you for sharing such an intense write ! Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Well, Aswin, I appreciate your insightful words. The message is clear, but no one is listening.
read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Aswin R Prasad

8 Years Ago

Yes.. Not one even and that's what the problem is.. Anyway, great write !
Wonderful thought behind it....Religion is now being used for killing innocent people and its a shame on humanity....Humans created religion to worship God and now it has taken a new road to worship their own hand made God....Brilliantly done dear Sir....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Appreciate your time in reading my work and commenting. Humanity does seem to be in trouble.
nice poem...i really liked it...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and commenting. Appreciated.
Nicely done Willard. I am no expert but is this haiku? I think it is. And yes, of course, those that call for death in the name of god are only deluded fools, no matter their religion. I would not want to meet their god if it's okay to kill in his/her or it's name.
I have probably offended someone with that, but then disagreeing with them usually is offensive to them. I am not religious myself, neither am I anti religion, I just think good is good no matter what name is put on it and evil is evil, whether in the name of god or not.
Very thought provoking piece, great job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading my work. Yes, Haiku and I often now don't label my Haiku or Senryu due.. read more
A nice haiku sequence to describe a sick situation (giving views of a dirty). Cults of death spew nothing but filth; your poem is like a mushroom growing in compost. (I mean this as a compliment!)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the laugh and I took it as a compliment. Appreciate your time and commenting on my work.
Willard, my erudite poet/friend, there is no good without evil to define it.
You have a strong, genuine voice, never stop

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I will do my best to continue, but my mind often has its own agenda. :)
Sadly you have discribed the world today. I wonder what would happen if god showed up just for one day and simply said... ENOUGH...

bill

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Unfortunately, the extremist would deny him until he made his point, which I expect he would. The ar.. read more
This is just one more case of something with such potential to bring goodness and light is perverted to bring darkness and death...
Just like gun control... It is not the gun or the "religion", rather the intention and use of the tool...
Good to bring to the social consciousness.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Too often in the world today, personal agenda's are done in the name of God. In countries with limit.. read more
again...in the name of God, these people do these horrible things...

the rhetoric is shallow...and the real God probably wants to shut off the microphone...tired of hearing his name used in this way.

poignant and powerful words here.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

thank you, Jacob. I am sure God has to be discussed with the human race. Appreciate the kind words a.. read more
I love the imagery Willard... a scary image but one you painted perfectly with your words :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Aaron. Nice to see you again. Appreciate the visit and kind words.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

432 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2016
Last Updated on January 19, 2016

Author

Willard Wells
Willard Wells

Sacramento, CA



About
Photography and words are my activities to try and keep an over active mind under control. For the most part my pieces have been short since that's how I'm wired. I would like to write something longe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Listen! Listen!

A Poem by jesserose99


Jack Jack

A Poem by jesserose99