family troubles

family troubles

A Story by wes
"

kind of an adventure i guess i dont like doing coversations so i sum them up alot not yet finished

"

Im As he walked into the pale looking room, he noticed a light red dot sitting on his chest and in a split second he sprinted to his left looking for cover as bullets began to pepper the house. As the man walked out from his hideing spot, he carefully crawled tword the other side of the room, being very vigulant of anything suspicios in the house, he finally makes it to the bedroom. Looking for the small box, he notices a glimpse of red and darts for the closet. Waiting for the khaos to cool down, he sees a little black box, the one he was sent to find. Slowly inching twords it, he swoops in for it and runs for the exit of the house. On his sprint to the door, he is hitin the leg. Collapseing to the ground, he thinks to himself, gotta get this box out of here! I cant let a leg wound stop me. Gotta finish my orders. As the man willed himself to get up and begin to run again, purley on adrenaline, he makes it out of the house only to be shot square in the forhead. Falling, first on his blood-spattered knees, then facedown into the earth. The quikness of the scene didn’t even give him a chance to veiw the face of his conquerer. Then he lie, in the wet, sad excuse of a town.

 

2 months later

                Standing out in the rain, a lone man stared down at a grave. The man was named Kad, he had 2 kids, ages 6 and 8, and a wife, who was constantly worried he wouldn’t come home each night. The grave he was standing at was for a john doe, to the governmant at least, to kad, the man was named john. It was kads brother, and they werent just ordinary brothers, they were the closest brothers you would ever see, at least up until a year ago. They got in a fight, the fight wasn’t just a regular fight, it was a fight about their job. The type of work they did was the ïf I told you I’d have to kill you” type of work. They helped people, anyone that would pay good money would get their efficiant work. When they did work, whether it was ellimination, reconosin, or any other things their employer required, they made sure they left no holes. If they missed something, they didn’t get payed. Kad stared down at the gave, thinking about their last conversation. It was about 3 weeks before they found his body, which was 2 12 weeks before he died. It was about them doing  one last job together before they permenanly quit the buisness and parted pathways. It was the job john was murdered on. Kad knew if he were there, then john could have had backup, kad could have saved him, john could have survived.

 

                As kad left the memory filled tomb, he thought of what he could do to make himself feel better. Hundreds of thoughts raced through his mind, he thought of hunting down the man who put the bullet in johns skull and showing him the pain he felt, but he knew that revenge wouldn’t solve anything. All the sudden he thought of the perfect way to strike. He would find the company responcible for putting his brother in the ground. He would find it, and cause as much havic as possible, then he would bring as much of them as he could to justice, and he would hope to god the governmont finally did something good for kad. He twirled this idea around in his head for hours. His entire 3 hour drive home was consumed with thoughts of gunfire, pain, and hope, hope that he would be able to acomplish this great goal. After the three hour mark on his drive he notices a car in his rearveiw mirror, it had been behind him for 30 minutes. As he bagan to take turns that he woulndt normally take on his route home, he payed close attention to be sure this was a follower instead of a cooincidence. After traveling in a circle about three times, he was sure this peron was trailing him. Carefully makeiing his way to a seclude are as to not spook his follwer, he thought of the pefect place to confront them. He made his way to an alley about 5 miles out of town. As he pulled down the long stretch of secluded road, he noticed his tailer slowing down, trying to make sure they werent falling into a trap.

 

3000 miles away in nevada

A suspicious looking man stood at the back of the Gas ‘n Go store. Making his way slowly to the register, he reached for his gun. Pulling it out, he poined it at the casheir, sending her into shock. Almost immidietly, a man bursts into acction. Throwing a hand out twords the gun, he quickly snatches it and puts the perpatraitor into a state of confusion as he is grapled into a headlock and drug out of the store onto the sidewalk. Yelling for a lenghth of rope from the store owner, he ties the man to a Handycap sighn and calls the cops. As the flashing lights blare down the road, the savior of the store makes a swift move to the alley behind the store and dissapears into the city. He pulls up to his appartment in his car, a little ford. The appartment isnt much, its where you would expct to find fugitives or drug dealers. It looked like it hadnt seen civilization in years, it needed new gutters, had several holes in the walls, and you could see guns in all the windows. The man walked up the stairs to his door, number 306. The 6 was hanging upside down and the door looked like it had mold, but it was what the man called home.

 

Inside, it was like seeing a lamborghini in a trailer park. He had 3 computers in the living room, 2 laptops in the kitchen, and an entire arsanol on his wall. He walked to his couch and turned on the t.v. he sat  watching the story of a mystirious man saveing a gas store in the middle of nowhere, and how the owner wanted to give the man an award. The man turned the t.v. off and walked to the kithen to get something to eat. He spent 30 minutes eating a cerial and walked back out to his car. He pulled out and headed off to Wall-Mart.  The mans name was john, and he was supposed to be dead. He walked up and down the isles, grabbing assorted foods and drinks. After he had been shot, the killer took him and replaced the body with a previous victim. They replaced 1 arm and half of one of his legs with electronic parts and forced him to work for them or they would kill his brother. He did so for 3 weeks, then he made his move, he broke out and went into hideing. He knew they would go after his brother so he called one of his contacts and had them protect him, but don’t blow their cover to him, or the assasins sent after him. John pulled up to the register and payed for his items and left back to his appartment.  2 days ago he had received  a call saying the assasins were getting to close so they had to grab him and get him out of the area until it was safe.

 

Back in washington, kad had come to a stop, he pulled out a gun and made sure it was loaded. Walking back to the other car, he was thinking of how to open  the questions. “can I help you gentlemen,” kad said to the people following him. The driver pulled a gun and fired, the bullet had come close to hitting kad in the arm, and kad had sprinted back to his car takeing cover. In the following seconds, kad hadfired 6 shots, but after the fifth there was no return fire. He slowly walked up the the car, gun aimed at the area of the drivers head, but when he reached the enemy car, he found a whole in both mens chests, but he knew the handgun he had could never cause a hole that big, he turned around to see a sniper standing on the roof of the building next to him. Quickly takeing cover he yells at the man asking what he wants. Before he could finish his sentence, a man walked out from  behind the car and explained they were protecting him and that his brother sent them. Kad was completely aw-struck by their story, he was sure his brother was dead. Why did john not contact him if he was alive? All kad could do was walk back to his bullet tattered car. Driving off, he saw the car of his “protecters” following him.

Kad pulled up the driveway and walked inside the house. He went to his bedroom and walked into his closet. Pushing aside clothes he unveiled a safe. Punching in the code he quickly grabbed the biggest gun he could and walked outside looking for the strangers that were his “protectors”. As soon as he spotted the car he walked up to it with the barrel aimed exactly where the divers head should be. When he got to the car door he swung it open, but the people were already out of the car. He retreated back to his house and sat on the steps of his porch waiting for the strangers to show up. He sat for what seemed like hours but was just minutes until he saw a glimpse of a figure to his left.he jumped up and swung the sight tho the head to find his neighbor fleeing in terror from the sight. Kad sat back down and felt a chill on his back and turned to see a gun in his forhead. He stayed calm and lowered his gun. It was one of his protectors. The mans voice was calm yet stern as he told kad to grab his family and get in the car. He walked into the house and bundeled up his kids and wife and went to the car.

The drive was verry short. They pulled up to a private airport and got out of the car.kad asked where they were going but got no response, he was sure they were going to kill him. All there was left to do was play their game till he could work a deal to save his life.  The flew for quite a few hours, and the hole flight was silent.they landed in the middle of nowhere. There was nothing to see for miles except dead, lifeless land. Kad thought it was the perfect place to kill someone until he heard a door open. He turned to see a door opening, in the ground! He walked twords it slowly, it opened to a flight of stairs. He was nuged twords the stairs by one of the men and started walking down. The room was much cooler than outside.  He still felt they were going to kill him and his family but he kept it to himself, he didn’t want his family anymore scared than they already were. Thay reached a small room at the bottem and were placed in chairs. The 2 men walked through a door on their right.they could here talking but couldn’t make out the words. Finally a man opened the door and walked out. Everyone was quiet, then kad couldn’t hold it back anymore. He jumped up and grabbed the man, he stole his gun and pointed it to his head.

His kids had a verry scared look on his face and his wife just kept her eyes closed. Kad kept the man in a hostage hold until the 2 men came back out. They seemed lie they expected this which shocked kad. After a few seconds his wife screeched “look out!”, but it was too late. A man gave him a strong blow to the kneck and rendered him un-contious for 4 hours. He woke up with a major headache and ropes around his arms and legs. He sat up and looked around. He was in a different room, and his kids and wife werent there. He yelled for them but heard no response. A tall man walked through a door and stood in front of him. Kad stared at him for a while and the man began to talk “im sorry about the blow, we werent sure we could let you stay awake for much longer. We don’t like messes on our new floor. We have been watching you kad. And I know you would like to know whos in charge but your going to have to wait for that, he is on his way to see you.” Kad was silent until the man finally left. He thought long about who he pissed off enough to kidnap him and his family. No ideas came to mind. He waited for hours wondering when his capture would show up.  He waited for another couple hours then the door opened again. The same man walked in. he looked into kads eyes for a few seconds then said he would untie him if he remained calm. Kad agreed to the and was untied. He sat waiting for the man to start  talking again. It was scilent for a while, then he heard a knock on the door and the man left.  Kad could make out a few words, then the door opened again. Another man began to walk in. he was well built and average height. He got closer and kad reconised him.

John walked in the room looking at his brother. Kad hadn’t looked this tattered since their first job together. He thought of how he would open a conversation with someone who thought he was dead. So as he wrapped up his thought, he said, “you don’t look so good little bro,”

“john? How are you alive? What happened? Why’d you kidknapp me?”

“well, it wasn’t easy.  After they shot me, they kidknapped me, replaced half my body parts, and used me as an assasin, but I was able to worm my way out. Im sorry about how I got you here, but I needed to keep it quiet.  Im not exactly allowed to go public while people are still looking for me.” John was interupted.

“why didn’t you contact me earlier? Ive been to your grave 3 times a week since your memorial, and ive been wokring on finding the man who killed, well paralized you, for 2 and a half months!”

“im sorry, belive me, I wanted to call you and let you know I was ok, but I had a lot of heat on me for a while. Im lucky I was able to do this. I knew they were going to try to get you and your family to try to drive me out. So I sent out a couple of people to help you, and eventually bring you to me. But for now I have to go secure some things, ill have them put you back with your family then we’ll see if we can put you up in an appartment by me. Ill talk to you later kad.”

“WAIT,  JOHN. Why are you protecting me after our fight?”

“1 lesson you never learned kad, never betray family, no matter how bad the relationship.”  John left the room and kad was put back in a room with his family. He explained the situation to his wifr, who couldn’t hold back her tears. They both cried for an hour before someone came into the room. He escorted them out of the building to a helicopter outside. They arrived in an old, decrepit town. It practicaly screamed criminal hideout, but also had that steak-out feel to it also. They were guided to an appartment numbered, 687. Inside was similar to the look of johns house, bad on the outside, amazing on the inside.  There were several computers, t.v.s and a game system for the children. They looked around, there was a room for everyone, and a note from john that read-

                Dear kad,

                                My people set this place up for your family. There is enough food there for a good year. Also I equipped you with a computor set-up in case you wanted to make some extra cash on our old buisness, just be verry careful! I don’t want to have to worry about you again.

John.

                Kad put the note in his pocket and went to check on his kids. They were both in separate rooms playing with the toys in their bedrooms. His wife put her hand on his shoulder pulling him into their bedroom. They sat on their bed in scilence for  decivingly long minutes. Eventully kads wife got up to put the kids to sleep and then crawled into bed with kad and took a rest after their long, eventful day. The next morning kad woke up to the aroma of coffe and omlets. He walked into the kitchen to find kad cooking and brewing coffe. “its your first morning here, had to make it good” kad sat down at the counter in a booth. He stared at john, he had so many questions for his dead brother but didn’t want to horde him with them all at one time. He decided he would wait for a moment when they were alone.

                After breakfast with the full family, john retreaded back to his house, and kad decided to tag along and then see what was around town afterwards. Johns appartment wasn’t that far away, acctually it was about 3 miles away. They walked up the stairs and into the room. Kad was amazed at the similarities of his and johns appartments. They both sat on the couch. John opened a laptop on the table in front of him. Kad sat thinking how he would order his questions. There was no logical way to put them. They were all sporadic questions about how he was alive, why he was alive, what was the job he was on, ect. Finally he broke the scilence.

“so how have things been around here?”

“pretty busy, ive been doing a couple jobs a week, and been looking into the company that kidnapped me.”

“how did you survive, john?”

“well its kind of a long story but short version is, I was shot, hauled away to Dr. frankenstein, and then replaced with mechanics. I finally escaped, got a place to lay low, and let my heat go down. Unfortunatly, when your walking around with 2 million dallors of electronics in you, the heat doesn’t fade off to quickly.”

Kad was quiet, he thought about what it must have been like to know that he was going to be used as a weapon for a person who didn’t care who they hurt.he wondered if he would have been able to do the same thing for john if he was in that situation. They sat for a while. John kept typeing on his computer. Kad decided he would go look around. They said goodbye and kad started to walk.he stopped by several stores, still his spy instincs tookover. He was constantly looking at where cameras were, how many, and anything else that could put his family at harm.

After a couple hours of walking around and looking at what there was to do around town he started home. When he got home, he was greeted with hugs and kisses from his children. He wondered how long his wife would be able to live here. At the moment she seemed content, but she had a gaze to her eyes that showed she wasnt completely pleased with the arrangments. She had always understood that they might have to relocate due to kads occupation, but she didn’t think it would happen as suddenly, and unexpected as it did.  Kad walked over to her and embraced her with a hug. he wondered how their lives would be if he had been a regular person with an average job. Mabe he could have been a docter, or a cook. The last time he had a normal job was when he was 17. He was a stock boy at the local grocery store.

The next few days seemed short to him. He mainly looked on the computer for any jobs he could do. Finally, at about 4:30 that afternoon, an email came through for one of his jobs. It was a simple recovery mision. Get in, get out, get paid. It was set for the Friday of that week. He gave the news to his wife then called his brother to check on armorment. He found out that he actually did have an artillary of guns in the house. They were in the second closet in the hall on his left. He ran back to see wht he had and how he was on ammo. Kad was a little nervous about his first job in 3 months. Finally the day came. He was up by 4:30 AM. He was packed and ready to go by 5:00. He walked outside to cath the bus to find john leaning on the hood of a car. He tossed keys at kad and told him it was his new ride. He also handed him three fifty daller bills to fill the tank. Kad thanked him and gave his brother a hug before leaving.

The house he had the adress to was massive. It was the kind a little kid always imagines having when he grows up. The front door was white and easily 10 ft. tall. The lawn was perfect looking, there were several nice cars in the driveway, and the man on the porch was in a robe with two cups of coffe. He invited kad inside and they sat on the couch drinking. The man explained what he wanted done and kad wrote everything down, every single word. This was something he picked up along the corse of this occupation, if the customer tries to bsck out for some stupid reason, he has every word they said written down so he can make sure he gets his check. he was out of the door by 10:00. His target was into town a bit. All he had to do was sneak into the house, jack the vase and return it. Seemed simple enough until he saw the other house. It was at least twice as big as the other house. Jack started to think how he was going to get a layout of the house, there was no way in hell he was going to go into that house without knowing where the target was. He sat on a ridge above the house for a little while. He pulled out his laptop and started looking on the web to see if there was any information on the house he could dig up. Nothing. He got nothing. He sat for a little while longer. He decided he would email the client to see hen the job had to be finished. It took a while for the response, but it said he had two weeks to get it done. That was more than enough time needed. He decided he would go home, get fresh eyes and start a steak out tomarrow.

Kad pulled into the lot of the appartments and noticed a nice white car. He noticed it because the few cars that were there were not as nice as that one. He put his gun in his hand and slowly walked around to the back stairs. Making his way up the staircase, he heard a scream from the room next to his. He quickend his pace and peeked around the corner. There were 4 men standing outside the two doors. Each had an automatic weapon. He went back to his car and got a few more handguns and one fully automatic rifle and went back, but used the front stairs. He wanted to be noticed. He fired off two shots to get their attention and when they came around the coener he ambushed them with a stream of lead. Two fell instantly to the ground with several holes in their chests, one went down with a leg wound but was still breathing, and the last one was hidden around the corner. He new he wouldn’t have much time till they hurt someone if they havet already. He quickly ran out from cover and hailed the wall the man was hideing behind. He fell with a thud to the concrete platform. The man with the leg wound stayed down knowing if he moved he would die. Kad ran to the doors and kicked his down. There was kno one to be seen so he ran next door.l the door was open ad when he walked in he saw blood, and lots of it. There was no body, but with thew amount of blood there, there is going to be. He checked all the rooms and found nothing. He ran outside back to his car. The white car was gone and there was a blood trail to where it was parked. He ran inside and packed up his arsonel into his car and drove off. He thought about going straight to johns but the what little sanity was left in him told him not to. He stopped at the grocery store and walked in. it was about 5:00 in the afternoon. There were a lot of people and no one would take the chance of trying to kill someone there. He went to the pay phone and called johns number. John and kad both knew that phone would ojnly ring if there was an emergency.

The arrangement was, if the phone rings meat at the abandoned gas station, and bring guns. John was there by the time kad pulled up. Kad quickly explained the story. Since his adrenaline had went down, his parinoia of not knowing where his family was set in. by the time he finished his story, he was shakeing. John attempted to calm his brother down, but had no success. Kad was barely even aware of what was going on around him. he was almost flying on auto pilot. He could walk and talk, but couldn’t even hint at anything related to his kids, just ripping apart the people who took them. John knew if they went on a killing spree, they wouldn’t last for long. They neede a plan, some information, and some time. They needed to know where kads familly was, infultration diagrams, and at least three days. What made matters even worse was  there was no hostage note, or ransom call. This meant they didn’t intend on returning them, or they were using them as bate. If they were bate then it would be that much harder to get in. there was already going to be high security, but know that there was the bate scenario the security is been upgraded. John decided they should head back to his house for the night.

The night felt like a lot more than it was. Kad couldn’t sleep at all. He stayed up in the living room on the couch. He rocked back and forth with his hands together on his mouth. His mind was going to fast for him to process anything. He had tears beating down his face and he just stayed still. John was able to sleep a little bit but not much, he tossed in his bed a lot and had nightmares when he did sleep. He hated when he had loose ends or missing people. He REALY didn’t like it when the missing people were related to him. however, they could both do all they wanted to do that night, bt they were still un able to solve the problem.

In a basement somewhere in texas

The kids ran behond their mom. They all had red eyes and faces with tears rolling down their blood battered cheeks. Each of the kids had at least 2 cuts on each side of their face from their captures. The mom was scared but strong. She was more beaten than the others, and supriseingly still stood. She knew that if kad was still alive, he would come for them. She also knew if he was coming it would take time. She didn’t even know where she was. Her recolation of what happened was blurry. She was tied to a chair. She was being questioned and resisted. The man shot her in the leg and she let out a scream. Then other guns started and she passed out. She then woke up in a room watching a man beat her kids. She attacked the man. She couldn’t feel her leg. She was overrun with mother instincs to defend her kids. The man threw her against the wall, but she recoiled back with a vengence, she gave him several cuts to the face before backup came in. she was scilenced with a blow to the kneck and passed out again. Now she is awake and huddled in the corner with her kids, not knowing when her last moments to live will arive.

the pain eased in over the coming hours. The bleeding had stopped, and it looked realy infected. She knew without proper treatment, she would only last a few more days. Her head was flooded with thoughts, ideas, and worries. She didn’t know what to do at the moment though. She wanted to just sit and cry, but she couldn’t, not with the kids there. If she showed she was weak in front of them, they would worry even more. She had to keep them motivated and posotive. She wanted them to feel secure, and that their dad would come for them. The kids had had fear in their eyes ever since the men busted through the door, but know they seemed more calmed. They were still freightened by every noise, but not as paranooid about things. They were getting used to the action, and mom didn’t like that.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

Kad waited on the chair in the living room watching the hallway for john to come out. He waited with a blamk face but swirling mind. The  tears were gone and he was numb. He had gone from careing dad to calisced killer. 

© 2010 wes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on December 29, 2009
Last Updated on March 2, 2010

Author

wes
wes

vancouver, WA



About
ummm i like to write and skateboard more..