Burn

Burn

A by XxLovexLuckyxX

I watch as he throws another log into the fire. I flinch, realizing that the log is like my heart. When the hard, sand colored wood hits the flames, my heart jumps. My heart follows the steps of the lof. First it hits the fire and cracks. Except you don't hear the sound of my heart. It takes a minute or so for the next step. Don't worry, it's the best step. As the second steps begins, I feel my eyes well up with salty tears that will soon betray me. The log turns black and my heart does the same. I feel something trickle down my cheek. I wipe the tear away quickly as to make sure no one sees me in my time of weakness. Next, I watch as the log is slowly ripped apart by the flames. It's torture. Finally, when the fire starts to come to an end, the log begins to turn to ash. By now the tears are gone, as well as the feeling. I throw the bottle into the fire, grab my keys and drive home. My tears fall down fierously and it soon becomes hard to see. No wanting to stop and remember...I go on and forget.

© 2009 XxLovexLuckyxX


Author's Note

XxLovexLuckyxX
Something I wrote real quick. I was watching my friend throw logs into the campfire and I ran back to get my notebook and a pen. It's not the best, but I'm hoping for reviews. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought this was really good, it was unique and interesting. My favorite line was "The log turns black and my heart does the same."

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on August 4, 2009

Author

XxLovexLuckyxX
XxLovexLuckyxX

Canada



About
I love writing poems and listening to music. Yup. Music and writing are my drugs. New story up "Blood & Tears" please read :). I love feedback so I know what I can do to make my writing better .. more..

Writing