Chapter Two-'Meeting' Everyone

Chapter Two-'Meeting' Everyone

A Chapter by xRivienx
"

Oh, you really want to stay away from them, oh, the horse right to your left from two stalls is nice.

"
                        ~Chapter Two~

      
"Hello, I'm Abbey." She said, continuing to smile. I wanted to snort, but I held it back. "I'm Bailey..the new one." I said clearly. Horses came out and put their heads out of their stall and looked at me. "Hey, welcome to the newbie barn." I stared at the horse that just said the statement confused. "You're newbies?" They chuckled and Abbey answered "Oh some of us, some of us are 'older' horses that can stay here in the barn. Usually, first timers do pretty well with the 'old' ones' advice." she smiled. I nodded my head and looked in the corner, the only one that didn't peer over the stall.
       "That's Kobal, he doesn't talk much, really not a fan of...anything." Abbey said, her eyes trying to make contact with mine. Then I looked into hers. "Well, why not?" I asked, cocking my head. "Really I dunno, just how he is....any questions? Sorry I know, out of topic, but I thought I'd ask." Abbey said with a smile. "Err, who's Shadow, exactly?" Everyone glanced at me, cocking their head. "Whew, havn't heard that one in a while. Shadow is a trouble-making horse. Doesn't jump, spook, refuses. Meh." Abbey said. "I see, I wonder-" "Why Spice and Cookie said that?" I stared at her, it seemed she read my mind, not only right now, but once again. "I knew they were outside, newbie, and the black coat. Seems to them EVERY horse that has a black or dark coat is related to Shadow, don't mind them, all they are snotty. That reminds me, you should learn about everyone so then you don't bump into them." Smiling once again.

       "Oh, you really want to stay away from them, oh, that right to your left two stalls in nice." It seems that I heard that every time, except the last part. It continued on and on. In 'til more then half of the barn was told. "Thank you so much, but I didn't get anyone else name. Can they introduce themselves?" I asked.

       "Butterscotch." "Maddie." "Apple. "Keme." "Abbey." "Reece." "Candy." "Kobal." Kobal whispered. "I never thought you'd talk." Abbey laughed. Sigh, guess he was just trying to be nice.
"Well, Bailey, get some rest, you might be ridden tomorrow and it's getting late." Abbey said. I looked out, sunset was almost gone. I went to lay in my shavings and sleep.

       I woke up at dawn. I raised my head, seeing Kobal standing, looking outside his stall, then he glanced at my stall. I put my head down to "save" myself.
I looked up, seeing Kobal was going back to sleep. No wonder he was so quiet while I was "interviewing" everyone. He was part time asleep, because he stays up or gets up. I wondered why. I put my head down and fell asleep once again.
       I woke up right before breakfast. I got up and Peter came back. I nickered and perked my ears up. "Hey girl, just checking how was your first day." He said, petting my nose and then going off. I watched him leave and here came breakfast. I nickered at him. He smiled and waved at me. Then Abbey caught my attention, staring at the food like it was some voo-doo thing.

       After breakfast, a young girl came and went to the other end of the barn, which was the tack room, it was a nice tack room. It had a big door, I guess for two people to come in once? Coming out with her tack, she spotted me, then came in the girl that took Arii away from me. "Hey, Anna, do you know who that big black horse is?" She asked, looking at me, putting her tack on a rack. "Not really, saw her yesterday though, and mind if I use the cross ties behind you?" Anna asked. "No problem." The other said. Then the got silent, got their horses, and got ready.

       "Do think Kobal is sick?" "Nah, he's probably just tired, maybe he got rode." Pfft. Hearing the humans conversations was really interesting, yet I got bored, so I talked to the gray pony in front of me. "Hey, pst. Conversation?" I asked. "Uh, no, please, next time call my name, Ruby." She said raising her head and looking away. "Ruby! No way to talk to a new comer. Name's Benjamin here, Breaking Benjamin is my show name. The girls apparently have an obsession with that 'band.'" I smiled and continued talking to Benjamin in 'til he had to go.

       "Wow, can't believe you got to talk to Benjamin!!" Abbey squealed. "What's the big deal?" I said, giving the weird look. "You don't know?!?!?! He's the once that gave us most of our ribbons and trophies!! Not to mention he's cute." She giggled. "Uh, okay. Big deal about the ribbons, but the cuteness? Listen, I like guys for who they are, not because of their looks." I smiled and continued chatting with Abbey.




© 2011 xRivienx


Author's Note

xRivienx
Not the best in the world. I'm really working on Kobal, he won't be mentioned in the story much 'til I get him all 'filled" out. ^^

The pictures of the characters are coming soon, I promise. D:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on January 17, 2011
Last Updated on January 17, 2011


Author

xRivienx
xRivienx

Gilroy, CA



About
Hi, I'm a young girl that writes all sorts. If my writing is bad, you can't blame me. I'm young, you can't automatically judge that someone has to be a good writer to write on here. I'm only on here t.. more..

Writing
Shadows Shadows

A Book by xRivienx


Areya Areya

A Book by xRivienx