Memories in the rain

Memories in the rain

A Story by LostCauze[:P]

Please No CSS

           It was one of those beautiful rainy days with endless grey clouds and no light shining through. Amy can see her breath which seems to mingle with the clouds in the air. Walking through the rain slick streets she seemed to absorb the smell of wet concrete and trees. One whiff took her time traveling through the endless streams of the past. The smell reminds her of countless days playing in the rain when she was young. Though it was odd for a young girl to take a stroll in the rain, what was more peculiar is that she was walking in the park. While others ran into their homes to avoid sickness, she casually strolled through the park, avoiding every puddle she can find. She loved the rain ever since she was young; to her it was just a habit.

Her purpose in the park was not to reminisce, but to meet up with a boy who loved the rain and grey skies as much as she. They met up near the oak tree, where they are sheltered from the rain. Hand in hand, they cuddled up and watched the fantastic view around them. The world which surrounded them felt as if it was being submerged in water, while they were safe in each others arms. They walked towards his house as they took turns showering. They both jumped on the couch and laid there in each others arms. No words are spoken, only body language screaming never leave and never depart. They melded into the couch and crept off into slumber.

Sweating, she awoke from her sleep and wiped her face with trembling hands. “How’d I end up at my house?” she asked herself as she slowly rolled out of her bed. Walking down stairs she finds her mother making breakfast in the kitchen, while her brothers are watching cartoons. “Did anybody bring me home mom?” asked Amy, “No dear, you walked up to your room last night and fell asleep” replied Amy’s mother “Why is there something wrong?” “Um, it’s nothing” uttered Amy. Her heart was beating fast just thinking about the other day with Joel. How the time went by so fast and yet the best moments felt like forever. She adored him so much, it felt that her heart was melting into four separate parts and dripping onto her lungs making her breathless.

She walked outside to behold the sunny skies which was the aftermath of the rain the day before. Reaching for her cell phone she dialed Joel’s phone number, “I’m so nervous” Amy whispered to herself. “The number you have dialed is either out of service or does not exist, please try again” replied the phone. “That’s odd” she thought, it was working yesterday. Putting the phone back into her jean pocket, she set off to his house to see if he’s home. Backtracking through the park, her heart pumped faster and faster as she stopped to stare at the oak tree. Reminiscing, she can still feel his arm around hers and when she closed her eyes she can still hear the rain pouring against the grass.

Overwhelmed by feeling she took a deep breath and continued to walk towards his house. The peculiar thing is that his house didn’t exist, it felt as if his house just spontaneously combusted. “What’s going on?” Amy said while shaking, “I’m scared.” An old couple so happened to pass by and Amy approached them. “I know this sounds weird but did anyone live here?” Amy asked. The old couple looked at each other and said “Well yes, there once lived a family here but they passed away in a fire.” Amy was shocked, “No that can’t be true” Amy said calming herself. “Well it happened a year ago, it is also said that a young girl around your age was the only survivor” said the old couple. Amy started to cry hysterically and ran all the way home. She was confused, frantic and scared. “Amy? Is that you?” asked Amy’s mother, “Mom” replied Amy while sobbing. “Oh my, it happened again didn’t it” said Amy’s mom.

“What’s going on” said Amy while her tears overwhelmed her pretty blue eyes. “You visited Joel’s house didn’t you Amy?” replied her mother. “It really happened didn’t it, the fire and me surviving” said Amy trying not to stutter. “You hit your head and passed out in the fire, but the firemen found you near the door wrapped in wet clothes” explained Amy’s mom “They also found Joel’s body next to you, like if he was sheltering you from flames but by the time they got there he passed away.” “On rainy days you would forget and run down to his house just to have these episodes” said Amy’s mother. Amy now crying hysterically in the arms of her mother, “I loved him” sobbed Amy. “I know, but lately it has been occurring less and less so don’t worry, you’ll forget it all soon.” whispered Amy’s mother. “But I don’t want to forget” said Amy, “Just sleep dear, it’ll all be over soon” said Amy’s mom.

Amy laid on her bed with the cover half past her shoulders, she cried into her pillow. No words are spoken, only body language screaming never leave and never depart. She melded into her bed and crept into slumber. In her dreams, she is holding Joel’s hand watching the world drown in water. She is safe in his arms, never to leave and never to depart. Only in till day she wakes to find herself sweating.

© 2008 LostCauze[:P]


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That wasn't what i was expecting at all. So sad. Nice work

Posted 15 Years Ago


This makes me kind of sad. It was written really well and the end was really unpredictable.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow...This is an awesome write. It's rather odd, as well. I'd not have thought it to turn out the way it did at the end. Very well written.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 8, 2008

Author

LostCauze[:P]
LostCauze[:P]

Winchester, VA



About
18 years old, I reside in San Jose, CA. Taking down poetry so I can get published :P "Human beings are the only animals that lie. Lies to deceive people, lies to benefit oneself, and lies to prote.. more..

Writing