My letter to my boyfriend

My letter to my boyfriend

A Poem by The Hopeless Romantic
"

I wrote this letter to my boyfriend to tell him that I loved him.

"
Well I guess the first thing would be to explain. So, babe if you didn't know, I'm a writer. I write stories, actually, I love to. That's something I tell very few people. One thing I always do is write a letter to someone after they break up with me...or if I break up with them. Its just what I do...what I have always done. They never see it, it's just to get my feelings out. But this time, it's different, this time it's not because we're breaking up but it's to tell you how I feel. I have always been better at writing out words than I am saying them. I also never know how to start or what to say but when I get going, I can't stop. So I apologize if this is long, just bear with me here. A couple months ago I met you at a football game. From the minute I met you I thought you were so cute...funny...I automatically liked you. I didn't want to leave that night and I thought multiple times about getting your number from ~~~. but for some reason I didn't. I had texted my friend on the way home saying how I saw you and thought u were cute. After that night I kind of forgot about it. I never thought I would see you again, let alone that you would end up meaning this much to me. Then a month or two later I went to the skate park after school..as you know. I went with friends and I saw you there. I remembered that you were who I met at that game. I went for a couple more days and hung out with you and instantly started to like you. I got your number at the skate park the last day of school after it ended. We ended up texting and hanging out a couple more times and I was instantly convinced I liked you. As you know after a while I told you. We started dating on June 9th. A date I didn't think you would remember but somehow, you did. I didn't think you would be any different than the other guys but you are. You are so much more different. I started getting feelings for you so fast. You treat me like no guy has before.You have no idea how thankful I am for you. All you do is compliment me, and make me feel like the most important person in the world. You make me feel like a princess and whenever I'm with you all you do is make me feel safe. Just hearing your voice makes me feel better instantly. If somebody we're to tell me a year ago this is how my life would be, I would laugh in their face. I just wouldn't believe it.  I'm actually happy....so happy. You make me happier than anyone ever has. Even in just this short time. When we cuddle I wish i could pause time and stay like that forever because it's the best feeling in the world. You make me feel good about all of my flaws and make me forget I even have them. You somehow always manage to make me feel better and make me laugh. Your laugh is utterly contagious and just looking at you smile is enough to make me smile. I could look into your eyes all day and to be honest, when I'm with you I'm instantly happy. Truthfully I couldn't see myself with anyone else right now. We have this special bond and your the type of guy who will call me every night. You have no clue how much that means to me. The time you texted me while I was at camp....that still makes my night. Whenever you leave my house, my pillows, blankets, clothes...everything smells like you. And there's nothing better. You make me so happy and everything about you is goals. Every day I start to like you more and more, even when I didn't think it's possible. You never stop amazing me. I think about you all the time, even when I don't even realize it. Your still there, in the back of my mind, your even in my dreams sometimes. Your always there no matter what I do. Wether it's texting me or calling me, every time I see your name light up on my phone, I instantly start smiling. Your the type of relationship I have waited for...you would do anything to make me happy your the one who makes me feel good and not like a piece of trash he can use and just throw away. Way too many guys have treated me like that and my trust was completely broken. But now...you fixed it..for some reason I feel like I can trust you more than anyone in the world. I can tell you anything and you won't judge me. There have been times on the phone where you are just the sweetest person in the world to me..so sweet that you have made me cry many times...good tears. Which is a change for once. But let me just get to it...the bottom line is...you make me the happiest person in the world, I don't know a guy who remembers the day they got together, the day they first kissed, no guy does that. Except you...your not something I should let go of anytime soon. Because there are not many people out there like you. And you know what? You might be reading this thinking, she's f*****g crazy. And you know what? I am. I admit it. But you know what? I'm not afraid to put my feelings out there....I know your probably thinking that I'm going to fast but you know what? I don't care...I just need to say this...I love you. And you might not love me back yet and that's okay. But I just needed to say it. Because there have been too many times that I wanted to say it but instead say something else. And I don't want to have to do that anymore. And I don't want you to say it back only because you feel like you have to...I only want you to say it if you mean it...I mean REALLY mean it...because tbh I'm sick of being lied too. So yeah,..there it is....its good to get it out... I love you......sorry.

© 2015 The Hopeless Romantic


Author's Note

The Hopeless Romantic
Needless to say. I made him cry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it! Absolutely captures everything from the heart

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is amazing, he is so lucky to get such a sweet letter from you.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 17, 2015
Last Updated on November 17, 2015
Tags: love, letter

Author

The Hopeless Romantic
The Hopeless Romantic

FL



About
~Just a hopeless romantic who dreams of travelling the world, and writes teen fiction novels. ~In the middle of three books, hoping to publish the first sometime in 2016. ~I write better then I ta.. more..

Writing