II.

II.

A Chapter by Marilyn Burke

Work is boring as always. Inspecting account books, providing auditing services for businesses and individuals, along with other monotonous tasks. Time seemed to pass by slowly as I sat at my desk. I took a sip of my coffee and hummed in appreciation. Caramel cappuccino, such a smooth taste. "Boo!" I squealed and spilled my coffee over some papers. "S**t, my bad." I glared at Simon. "Seriously?!" I looked over the papers, sighing in relief, upon realizing, they were irrelevant.

  Simon, a childhood friend that stayed by my side all these years. He made sure I was eating and sleeping regularly, also he was that one person I could go to with anything. Even though he was reliable, he tends to horse around a lot for his age.

  "What is wrong with you? You better be lucky I no longer need these." Simon scratched his head nervously. "I'm sorry. I brought food if that helps?" I sighed heavily. "Whatever." Moving some of my clutter aside, I made room for him to place the food. "So, how have you been? You're eating okay right?" "Yeah." Lie. I didn't want him to worry about me. "I've been okay." "If you say so. Oh, did you add any new chapters to the story? I really want to know what happened with Serena." I smiled. "Yeah, I wrote four chapters last night, I'll email them to you." "Good."
 
  After lunch with Simon, everything sped by quickly and soon I was heading to one of my favorite cafes. Upon entering, I was greeted by the the three employees that worked there. "Welcome back, Cicilia, would you like a suggestion or the regular?" "I'll take the regular."  My phone rang. I stared at it. It was same number from last night. I decided to answer it, thinking it was important.

  "Hello?' "Oh, darling you answered. Wonderful." "Who are you?" "I'll tell you later, but first, meet up with me." Is this man crazy? "Um, I think I'll pass." Emily brought my latte over smiling. "Here you are." "Thanks." I smiled at her handing her the money for it.  "And why is that?" "I don't know who you are. Who in their right mind would meet up with someone they don't know?" The man chuckled. "Well, I guess I'll just have to come to you then." What? "I don't think that is necessary." "Oh, but it it is! I've been waiting to bring the queen back to where she belongs!" This man is off his rocker! "I'm sorry but  you have the wrong person, I'm no queen." "Cicilia Ophil Jones, is it not?" I hung up the phone staring at it. How did he know my name?


  I got up, drinking the whole latte in three swigs, and departed from the cafe. On the way home, I couldn't help but feel a little queasy thinking about the situation at hand. How can he know my name? Does he stalk me? What did he mean by "bring the queen back queen back where she belongs?" Is he planning on coming to my home? So many questions! My heart was pounding loud in my ears by the time I reached my home. I pulled out my key and opened the door. Looking around the place, I was content to see it the way I left it this morning. I calmed and chuckled at my paranoia. "There's no way he could no where I live." I locked the door and headed up to my room. I decided a nice hot bath should relaxed my nerves.  I stripped and wrapped a towel around me and prepared a bath for myself.

  Oh, how right I was. From the moment I sank in to the warm water, I felt all worry drift afar leaving me in a serene state. I clean up humming softly before laying against the back of the tub. I stared off in to space slowly drifting in to a tranquil sleep.

  I awoke with a start and looked around bewildered. "That's right I fell asleep in the bathroom." I raised my hands and looked at my pruny fingers. Sighing, I stood up and grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my waist. As I left, there was an eerie feeling throughout the house. I looked around trying to figure out why. I walked downstairs and the feeling got stronger. Is there someone here? I walked over to the door and found it unlocked. "I knew I locked this." I locked the door back and heard shuffling upstairs. W-What? I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and slowly stalked up the stairs.

  They're in my room..S**t. I prepared my knife and opened the door to find a tall guy with short hair and a black suit rummaging through my drawer. "Who the hell are you?" He looked up surprised. "Oh, you're home? Welcome back. Well then, shall we be off?" "I'm not going anywhere with you. Who are you anyway and how did you get in here?" "I'm Lance, Ms. Jones. You spoke with my employer earlier today. How I got in here is a secret and I was sent to pick you up." I stared at him. Really? "You work for that unusual man who called me queen." His lips turned up into a smile. "Yes, I do." Jeez, he's happy about it? "Okay, I still refuse to go." I crossed my arms over my chest before remembering I was still in a towel. "Can I change please?" He seemed to realize what I was wearing and nodded leaving the room. Tch.

  
I changed into a more comfortable outfit. "You can come in now." He entered and stood next to the door. "I would suggest something more of outside clothes rather than lounging clothes." I'm pretty sure I told this man that I wasn't going with him. "I did say I wasn't leaving did I not?" He frowned. "Mr. Parker asked me to bring you to him under any circumstances. I would prefer it that you come willingly." "I don't wish to be harmed and I'd prefer it if you left peacefully." "I'm afraid I can't do that you are a very important person." Important? Yeah right.

  "I highly doubt someone like me is important." I muttered bitterly. He raised his brow. "What? You shouldn't be so negative about yourself. It's not fit for a queen." There it is again, queen. "As you may see I'm hardly a queen so please refrain from saying such absurd things." "If you would just come with me Mr. Parker would explain everything for you." Tsk. Why can't this guy leave already? I'm tired. "I am tired and I would really appreciate it if you'd let me sleep." "You could  sleep on the way there." UGH!! "No!! I'm not going d****t!! Get out and leave me the hell alone!!" He stared at me in shock for a moment before looking at me sadly. Oh, come on don't tell me I hurt his feelings. "Is it that much of a bother to follow me? I'm just trying to keep my job Ma'am." I sighed. "Will I be able to come back?" "I can't promise you that." I frowned. "I'll try my hardest to convince to convince Mr. Parker to allow you to return for a short while."

  I rolled my eyes and gave up. "Make sure to pack a bag with some clothes and necessities." He said before walking out and closing the door. I sighed and got dressed again and putting some clothes into a bag. I walked out into the hallway. "That was fast." I nodded. "So are we leaving or?" "Yes, of course." He began walking downstairs, me following close behind. "You know, you still didn't tell me how you got in." He smirked. "It's a secret Ma'am." I huffed and pulled out my keys  and locked the door behind us. This will be fun.



© 2015 Marilyn Burke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on November 12, 2015
Last Updated on November 12, 2015


Author

Marilyn Burke
Marilyn Burke

About
Just a youngin' who enjoys reading, anime, and music. more..

Writing
I. I.

A Chapter by Marilyn Burke