*

*

A Story by Clandestine Archipelago
"

Humanity.

"
All people are created interesting.

Take person A. They are thick of bone. Strong of mind. Incomparable except in similarity. They speak clearly. In every tongue they seek no accent. It is no accident that they are interesting. They have sought out interest and stepped aside as it bumbles past.

Now observe person B. They are no less beautiful than person A and no more so. Every curve a delicate touch on architecture undeveloped, developing, and forever fluxable. They have not sought any interest. They have not sought. The areness that is they is extensible to all things yet reserves life deep within that may never be reached.

If we were forced to compare A to B, and even if we were not, it would be by way of C. Such a comparison would be triangulation. The angular nature of C seems obvious. Hard corners. An inflexibility of structure held over time. A dimensionless quantity perceived as dimension itself and lost in the void of oneness. C should be our culprit, but were we to blame them completely we would leave A and B without a point of contact; what the obtuse might call similarity.

Note that A and B have never met C and that C has never seen A nor B. How can this be true if comparisons are extant? This should not worry us because of D. D has been around from the beginning. D has been a witness to everything. D is wonder and might and glory and gossip and tales. D, if not is, parallels A, B, and C. Where there is beauty D is.

And so we visualize a comparison of interest to us all because, when we step back from what D embodies in their perfection we give witness to our own uninhibited assumption of knowledge. We become the others who might have been the mentioned four. We deny each part of what is not us and reify, with promises to ourselves, what appears upon the silent surface of the dark and smooth. When we fool ourselves thusly we begin to understand that there is not one fool among us.

So, how many are we? Are we interesting? What makes us so? The tiniest crevasse is the least interesting to those who travel through it at uncontrolled speeds, but the one who controls every aspect finds them all uninteresting. So do the clumsy lack neophytic affectation and the weathered from the newborn. None of this is itself, but is a dismantled self repacking essence to be worn when what once was is no longer etcetera. That is, no?

...

And what of Jake. Is he interesting? He lives as one of us. We greet him with a handshake. He eats, drinks, s***s, pees, and communicates. We enjoy his company and he enjoys ours. I must say I like him very much.

...

Sarah will never be forgotten. Ever.

© 2017 Clandestine Archipelago


Author's Note

Clandestine Archipelago
If you see Sarah tell her I said hello.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on September 28, 2017
Last Updated on September 28, 2017
Tags: they, their, we, you, us, me, I, them, he, she