Athenian Chronicles - Ten Wizards

Athenian Chronicles - Ten Wizards

A Story by Joydanix
"

A young boy is caught up in the midst of a huge war between two big alliances.

"

     In this chapter of the Athenian Chronicles we find a young hero, Elios who was born a peasant in a land far North of Dernon. The mother of Elios was a young lady named Gytha she was a powerful wizard of Albion but left her post in The Ten Thrones of Albion to take care of Elios. They lived in the outskirts of Vilingrad a small village in the deep North. At around the time Elios was five years old, The Elven Nobles of the East were preparing for war against the Jarls of the North. This was the beginning of the rise of a black curtain that would plague Humans and Elves for their foolishness for decades to come. The North was not united, they would need a leader to rise. Humans weren't able to cast unlimited amount of spells, like Elves managed to do. The reason being was because the ancient Gods who ruled over Dernon left Elves with the magic fearing that with humans would only use it for war against each other. The Gods then left Dernon, without having to fear the Gods wrath the humans stole the magic from the Wood Elves of the West, killing them and taking their magical energy. After each generation the magic started to develop in birth, so they had no need of killing anymore Elves, they started enslaving the Elves of the West angering the Noble Houses of the East, and thus began the up rise of the Elves. Gytha worrying for her child Elios, set out on a journey to the Summer Isles south of Dernon. The Summer Isles was the land of Paenultimus, the Wizard of life and speed, he was also Gytha's brother. Gytha wasn't able to make it there though, every day she was not in Albion energy was sucked out of her body, unable to bare the pain anymore she let out her magic power, a bright beam of light shot into the heavens. Gytha gave her last remaining magic power to Elios she stored it in a blade named Soulrend a black-crimson glowing sword. Releasing that much magic power also drained Gytha's life energy, she was able to take Elios to a nearby village before dying.

© 2015 Joydanix


Author's Note

Joydanix
What did you think? :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like something I would definitely read.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pretty cool, just take note that 'Albion' is already a fantasy land in the Fable Game Series.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 29, 2015
Last Updated on July 29, 2015
Tags: #War, #Hero, #Legend

Author

Joydanix
Joydanix

AL



About
Hello fellow writers! I like writing fantasy stories, I'm young so I do not have a huge vocabulary I try hard to keep scenes interesting lol more..