Illusion

Illusion

A Poem by Polaris
"

There's a girl. She doesn't want much, or need much.

"

There’s a girl. She doesn’t want much, or need much. She’s a simple, sweet girl in a small town. She has friends, and a decent family. She seems happy; acts like it all of the time. Always smiling and laughing at something, always talking, in an almost overly happy way. That’s how she lives. Laughing, smiling, happy.  She’s starting to think now; about everything. Is she really that happy? She has trust issues, never really let’s anybody in. Ask any of her friends what they really know about her, and I’m sure they won’t know how to answer after they really think about it. And the people that do know about her? They’ve all gone away now, just drifted away eventually. The girl is starting to wonder if it’s all just a façade , if maybe she’s been lying to herself, and everybody else, the whole time. Who knows. If it is just an illusion, she decides to keep it. Just pretend and turn away just a little bit longer. Smile, laugh, and be ‘happy’. 

© 2012 Polaris


Author's Note

Polaris
This is kind of personal, but tell me what you think about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think all of us are keeping up a little facade. Most of us pretend. But that's all we can do.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2012
Last Updated on February 23, 2012

Author