You, Me, And The Tree

You, Me, And The Tree

A Poem by Stacy Purvis

Close your eyes, tell me what you see: Is it blue, yellow, red or green?

Now feel the breeze upon your face. Let it take you to another time and place.

A place of wonder, of peace and love with velvet blades and stars above.

The time is oh, so long ago when horse and buggy ran to and fro.

Now look deep within your minds eye and see, a lady sitting next to thee

with golden locks and ivory skin, eyes like sapphires, her love to win.

She clings to every syllable you impart, for you have met her heart to heart.

Your palms are sweaty, your knees grow weak, you take your hand and touch her cheek.

And as the driver moves along, the trees whisper and sing a song.

She grows weary and leans upon you, your shoulder, her pillow will have to do.

Your chest fills with the sting of emotion, your middle moves like a wave in the ocean.

As you watch this tiny figure sleep, your love for her grows far too deep. 

You review the afternoon in great detail. A stroll with sweet jasmine to inhale.

Her hand in yours so small you see, and the initials you carved upon a tree.

Words they rush into your head, dreams of her tucked into your bed.

Someday her body to be joined with thee, but for now you have the memory.

© 2017 Stacy Purvis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Anastasia,
High marks for a well written poem. Your words created a dreamy atmosphere that let the reader feel the deep emotions running inside the lovers. I really enjoyed your poem. Thank you.
Peace,
Richie b.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautifully written and a wonderful flow throughout this whole poem. I very much enjoyed reading this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lovely flow, i saw two images a mother and daughter, and or two lovers. a warm feel good write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

744 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017
Tags: tree, us, you, me, trust, faith, love, life, xosassystaceox, sassystace, poem, poetry, poet, writer, writing

Author

Stacy Purvis
Stacy Purvis

Columbus, OH



About
Altruistic Enigmatic Polymath | Writer, Poet, Actress, Musician, EMT. I'm an Artist. I paint pictures of the verbal kind. ☯ 333 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Horizon Horizon

A Poem by Stacy Purvis