How It Began

How It Began

A Chapter by Taylor_Anne_xoxo

     I remember quite vividly the first time I met her. I had just started 7th grade. Kayla was in 8th grade and so wasn't Liz. Kayla was my best friend, someone I knew would never hurt me and anything she did that caused me pain was to make sure I was okay. I started cutting the summer prior to beginning 7th grade. It was my way of dealing with all the pain. It was one autumn day before soccer practice and Kayla and I were going to get slushies down at the local convience store. When you live in a small town like mine there isn't much to do so Kayla and I would go get slushies everyday before heading to practice. Kayla had spotted the red stripes across my wrist. As I recall, Tori and Liz were with us, but perhaps that made the scene. Kayla immediately freaked out, shouting things and periodically glancing at Liz. The only thing I really remember was Kayla yelling "I mean, Liz has her reasons!" At that point I didn't know what Kayla meant but I knew something had happend.

     That soccer season I genuinely grew up and matured. I remember the first time I spoke with Liz. We were in Dixfield, a much hated rival, and Liz had sat behind me on the almost 2 hour bus ride there. Liz had read some of my poetry and knowing she wrote as well I asked to read hers. It was at that point I realized what exactly was going on. Even though no one had actually told me what it was until about a year later I learned through her poetry that Liz was bi-polar and schizophrenic. She would see things when she closed her eyes and when she opened them the faces never really disappeared. Worse of all, Liz heard things. From what I understood they were voices that screamed for help and it drove Liz insane.

     A few days later I was in the car with Kayla and her mother. Kayla, seeming not to care if I heard or not, turned to her mother and said "Liz thinks she's pregnant." I was surprised but somehow felt a need to reach out to Liz and tell her I was there for her. The next day at practice, when coach gave us a water break, I went up to Liz and told her I knew and that if she needed anything I was there. Liz looked stunned but grateful at the same time. I suppose that's when things began to change...

 


© 2009 Taylor_Anne_xoxo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on November 8, 2009
Last Updated on December 12, 2009


Author

Taylor_Anne_xoxo
Taylor_Anne_xoxo

Madison, ME



About
Okay so quick summary:My name is Taylor. I do consider myself "scene". I have O.C.D. (people think it's funny to f**k up the desks in class before i get there just to see me flip out) I have my moment.. more..

Writing