The Girl With The Flower

The Girl With The Flower

A Story by yael5012_y

I sniffed the white fake flower again, even though the pleasant smell of lilies and roses had gone from it long ago.

A fake flower. Some people say a romantic gift is a red rose, but I've always found that saying cliche and too common, almost obvious. As if on any date you go to, your date will give you a red rose. I also have a hard time accepting a red rose; it seems to me as if it is giving a wrong message. Red is the color of passion, but while that, there are thorns on the rose.

And one day, that red rose will wilt and you'll no longer have it.

But a fake flower lasts forever; it can never wilt. It has no edgy thorns. It can be any color you want. Even when the dizzing smell dissapears, you can always spray a new, different smell.

I would cherish the flower as I would wait for my loved one to return home, to show him that the flower is still healthy, and that perhaps I've colored it in multiple colors-red, green and blue all together. And maybe the flower will be just the same as the last time he saw it, and that would be alright.

© 2009 yael5012_y


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Zak
Wow...I've never thought about a flower that way before. Its almost as if you had seen the way that this poem works before...as if you had experieced it, that pure sprinkled love and new color on an old flower. Very powerful!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it is the little things that mean the most. . . a wilting violet means so much when it comes from the cherished hand

Posted 14 Years Ago


i liked this :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2009

Author

yael5012_y
yael5012_y

Israel



About
My name is Yael (pronounced Yah-el) and I'm a 13 year old girl. I enjoy pizza, cheese, writing, music, and scribbling in my notebooks. You're most likely to find a short, crazy story in any of my not.. more..

Writing