Society's Biggest Problem

Society's Biggest Problem

A Story by yael5012_y

What I think is wrong with society.

That's easy.

Nobody is open for other opinions. Nobody is willing to accept other opinions.

This is one of the worst things that are happening in the world. It starts from the small things; some people say that writing and reading is geeky. I, as a person who really doesn't care about what others say, ignores them. If I enjoy to write and to read, and there are stupid people who will laugh at me for doing so, then I couldn't care less.

But onto slightly bigger things; Some people believe that everybody should have their personality, and nobody should be weird or crazy. Those are some of the stupidest opinions ever.

Onto much, much bigger things; I'm Jewish and I live in Israel. Trust me, I hear a lot about people wanting to kill me because I was born Jewish. A war happened all too closely to where I live, but thankfully I was only 7 years old. As a 7 year old, you don't really understand when there's danger. But I remember quite easily what precautions happened in my school during the war, but the list is long.

But it's not just me who people think badly of me. Christain, Muslim, white, black, gay, lesbian, it doesn't matter who you are or your personality or your beliefs or your appearance, there will always be someone to glare at you for something.

The fact that humans can't accept other people's different opinions is the reason for wars, every time. If we had peace, we could actually solve together other problems, like global warming or helping third-world countries. But instead we waste our times on creating disaster!

 

There's a way to change this, people!

Rather than wonder why does a certain person doesn't believe in God, ask him how did he come to this conclusion, and don't judge him. It's his belief.

If you see a girl who used to have long hair but cut her hair to be edgy and short, don't think that it's ugly, ask her why did she do it, and once again, don't judge her. What if she wanted to be edgy and to stand out?

Even with the smallest things, it will help. If someone is using super glue rather than duck tape don't annoy him because of it, maybe he thinks it's the best way to glue something.

And if someone is wearing some kind of shiny, crazy outfit, let them be!

 

Change the world-start being more open to other people.

© 2009 yael5012_y


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have a point there, people are like that. they have their little groups, their "beliefs" that are often shallow and pointless. They tend to be too self-centered, but when it comes to being accepted they all want each others' support and understanding. But, you know, I can understand it in a way. It's not the matter of one's opinion, it's the matter of being in a group, of being manipulated by media, all kinds of stuff....
Not a lot of people out there are willing to fight it. and others seem to be ok with it.
sucks for us...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

True, true.

I especially liked the part where you wrote: "Rather than wonder why does a certain person doesn't believe in God, ask him how did he come to this conclusion, and don't judge him. It's his belief."

I'm a Christian, and I hate it when other "Christians" judge a person just because they believe in something different or look different or whatever! It's shallow and stupid.

But aside from me venting ... This was a really great essay. You seem like a very concise and detailed writer.

This was very good, and I hope it does well in the contest (which was how I discovered this great piece of work).
Keep on writing! :)
~Lauren

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have a point there, people are like that. they have their little groups, their "beliefs" that are often shallow and pointless. They tend to be too self-centered, but when it comes to being accepted they all want each others' support and understanding. But, you know, I can understand it in a way. It's not the matter of one's opinion, it's the matter of being in a group, of being manipulated by media, all kinds of stuff....
Not a lot of people out there are willing to fight it. and others seem to be ok with it.
sucks for us...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 6, 2009
Last Updated on July 6, 2009

Author

yael5012_y
yael5012_y

Israel



About
My name is Yael (pronounced Yah-el) and I'm a 13 year old girl. I enjoy pizza, cheese, writing, music, and scribbling in my notebooks. You're most likely to find a short, crazy story in any of my not.. more..

Writing