After Dark - Chapter Sixteen

After Dark - Chapter Sixteen

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Am I awake?

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of After Dark - Chapter Sixteen.




A clap of thunder sends him sitting up gasping and groaning in pain; the room is lit from the lightning as the ground shakes from the thunder. He sits there momentarily trying to understand where he is, clutching his shoulder coughing up mucus and grimacing as the pain pierced him and his chest had felt heavy from lying there so long.

Then from the darkness, a shadow emerged. The room lit up once more from the flash of lightning and the ground rumbled.

“Julie, is that you?” his voice croaked. “Jules…” and his voice was gone


Was it really her? Or was this, another dream and that terrible thing is waiting to rip them to pieces? The shadow was resting in the chair by the window, and it arose when he woke up with such a fright.

“Paul!” the shadow spoke in a familiar voice. “Paul! It’s me, your, Julie.”


The room lit once more and Julie had a smile upon her face as she came toward him, a smile that always comforted him. His chest caves sinking back on the bed in exhaustion, realizing it was only a nightmare.

“It seems, you have had, another bad dream,” she wipes his brow as he lays back down. “It’s alright my love, I’m here to watch over you. Take care of you.”


He cups her wrist, staring, making sure he wasn’t just dreaming again. She rubs his face slightly and kisses him.



© 2010 lawrence bear




Reviews

This reads well. Check your tenses, seen vs saw :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 28, 2010
Last Updated on August 29, 2010
Tags: fantasy, thriller, horror, suspense, mystery

Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear