Preface

Preface

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Legend

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Preface.




Legend

 

 

            Long ago, there was a time when mystical creatures had roamed our continent. These magical creatures were Unicorns, Fairies and the Little People along with other things. Long before the Europeans had set foot on this land, what we now know as the North and South American continent. It was inhabitant by the native people who have come across the land following the Buffalo; for it was their food source.


The natives soon discovered what other creatures had occupied the land besides the buffalo. They were not afraid but more curious of these amazing creatures, where as a ceremonial dance was given and it had brought together the natives, fairies and the little people in harmony. Soon the natives lived among the little people along with Fairies and the Unicorns ran free. The Fairies would play with the children as the hunters went in search of food and while the women sewed and prepared meals.


The natives were later told of another creature that roamed among the forest. And these creatures the fairies called, were the ‘Stick men.’ and they have been here for centuries, long before the little people resided here among them. And even before the Fairies, it is said they were here for thousands of years. Legend has it, that the stick men are Giants and guardians of the forest, that all whom enters should respect the forest and its dwellers, and it will respect you.

 

It was a different world then, a vast world of mountains, valleys and large trees among the forest where these things had roamed without fear… fear wasn’t known yet. But all that soon changed when the first settlers, and visitors from another world had come. It would shortly change everything surrounded by the land. A vast kingdom would soon vanish as people would grow greedy for land and tear down the forest, to make room for farming, homes and towns. It would drive everything from within the forest… away into hiding.


Before all creatures went into hiding, it was the little people who have come up with a magical spell, a spell that would hide all Fairies, the little people and the guardians of the forest. However nothing could be done for the unicorns, they would remain seen. So what the little people had done for the unicorns was cast a spell to hide their horns. And the unicorn would become a horse that also ran wild and free, when man seen them, they were later captured and were led to do work and be used as transportation. Soon all the wild horses were captured, and so the unicorn was no more.

 

There are many folk tales of encounters with fairies, encounters of giant beings that walk within the forest, and there have also been encounters of little people. These were tales passed down from one generation to generation to the next. These folklore tales became legendary.

 

But soon… Legends would become myth, and myth would soon turn into fairy-tales. And all living things within this kingdom would be lost and forgotten… forever.





© 2010 lawrence bear




Reviews

I love fantasy stories, as I am collecting for when my child is old enough to read someday, and I love the start of this story. You got me from the first sentence and of course I just had to keep reading. I do see that you only have one chapter to this story...I hope you write more like this!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


When I starting from the beginning with the mystical thing and then unicorns kinda made me think. Hey, is chief doing some mixing here and then realized it was categorized also, in fantasy. Then, I let that go by me and the rest sounded intriguing. No dis-respect brother, and usually I don't critic someone's thoughts and all. Peace!
TT-TTO-NI-K
Elk

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ooh. This sounds very interesting ;]

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on September 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 30, 2010
Tags: Children's, fantasy, fiction, legends

Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..