6 months earlier.........

6 months earlier.........

A Chapter by potato
"

6 months before the prologue.

"
"Get up,you lousy piece of s**t."Was what came with"The Knock" this morning. Violet made her way down the hall to get a shower.She looked at her reflection in the mirror as she applied makeup over the fresh bruises on her cheek and neck.
When she was almost to the door,she felt a hard tug at the back of her head.She winced as his grip tightened on her hair."Remember,don't tell ANYONE about last night."He let go and walked back into the living room. She quickly opened the door and rushed out into the cool Autumn air. School had just started last month and,just like last year and every year before that,no one payed her any attention.She liked it that way,she didn't need to drag anyone else into her twisted up life.If people tried to talk with her,she just shut them out.

As she walked to school,she thought about what else she could do after school to keep her away from home.She was already in three after school clubs and signed up for two sports.But it still wasn't enough.It will never be enough.Because enough would be living somewhere else and that would never happen. She could never break this silence.Never let her secret out,and never let anyone else in.

"Class,I would like you all to welcome our new student,James Wolfgan,to our school."Mrs. Walden said.Most of the class just nodded,some said hi,and a few girls leaned over and blew him a kiss.Gross."Hi.Is this seat taken?'James said from right beside her.She jumped slightly but just nodded no.He sat down right beside her.The whole time we where reading out of the text book,She stole a few glances at James.He was staring right at her! Oh no. She thought. Is my makeup coming of? She instinctively put her hand to her cheek. He was no longer staring at her,but shooting her a questioning glance. Its not the makeup,so what is it? She thought.

After class was over,James walked right up to her and said"Hi,I'm James." She gave him a slight wave and went to turn around. "Wait."He said and put a hand on her shoulder to turn her around. She instinctively flinched at his touch but turned around."I'm sorry.Did I hurt you?' He asked. "ummmm. No I just don't like being touched." She replied. "Oh.Well I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable." He said."but I would like to know your name." He said. "Oh. I'm Violet".



© 2014 potato


Author's Note

potato
Much more to come. Tell me what you think!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"If people tried to talk with her, she just shut them out" - instead of telling us this, try 'showing' by having a friendly classmate try to talk to her and have Violet shut down.

Personally I'd like a bit more visual on "she applied make up over the fresh bruises". Does she use foundation, is she good or bad at using make up, does she have to wash it off her fingers or does she use a brush? Can you tell the bruises are there if you look close, or did she do a good job?

Great idea having Violet mistake his interest in her with the make up coming off. This both shows that she does not value herself enough to think someone would be interested, and shows how preoccupied she is with her secret. Well done.

Watch out for spacing and punctuation.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Is this from "The Abused"? It is great except there is one place it switches to first person then back to third. I don't know if that was intentional I just thought I should point it out. Other than that it is wonderful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wild Spirit

9 Years Ago

Ok and y did u not put bad word?
potato

9 Years Ago

I did,but it blocks it out because it is rated teen. But,if I put it as mature,you would have to be .. read more
Wild Spirit

9 Years Ago

O well that sucks
Sorry it's so short....The next one will hopefully be longer.





Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 30, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014
Tags: abused, teen girl, abuse


Author

potato
potato

NC



About
I love to write,I always have. Writing has always been my escape to my own little world and out of the terrifying one I was living in. I love to write fiction,but with some true stories of my life and.. more..

Writing
Mia Mia

A Poem by potato


The Ocean The Ocean

A Poem by potato


A Miracle? A Miracle?

A Chapter by potato