Last goodbyes

Last goodbyes

A Story by potato

"I love you." She whispered in his ear,while stroking his hair. She sat back down in the chair beside his bed. Its funny. She thought. Last time I heard that constant beeping, the roles where reversed. She finished her thoughts while rubbing the straight scar across her wrist.
She knew she didn't have much time to do what she came here for, the doctors said he didn't have much time.
She got up and walked over to his bed side. 
"I'm sorry I let you down," She started as she picked up his hand and examined their intertwined fingers." I can't believe I let you do this. I just wish that you would have told me.Maybe we could have both stayed." She took a deep breath and continued. "I know you always told me to stay strong, but how can I now that you'll be gone? Why didn't you tell me?!?!" She was starting to loose what little control she had.
"Why didn't you tell me about the cancer? Why would you refuse treatment? There was a chance that you could have lived!!!" She was full on sobbing now. "I won't let you go alone."She whispered down in his ear.
She walked away from him, saying her finale goodbyes. But, she knew they would see each other again soon. She locked her self in the little bathroom and pulled out her blade.
"You know I'm a rebel." she said as she dragged the blade across her scared wrist, reopening the wound.
 " But, you also never knew I would follow you. I'm not as strong as you thought.I love you." She finished as she heard the slowing in the beeping.
She knew she would leave this time, she would make sure. She drug the blade up her arm, starting at the center of her wrist. The world went black just as she heard the machine make one long beep.
The world was a bright white. 
"Why? Why would you leave?!?!?!" She heard his voice, angry and loud.
"why would you leave me?" She countered as they embraced.

© 2015 potato


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sometimes we want to spare our loved ones from suffering and so we hide our pain. But, we never know how our secrets my affect them. What the consequences could be...
Your story is about death and overwhelming pain and how some people don´t have the strength to pull through after the loss of a loved one. It´s a heartbreaking story, but true for some. It´s sad how disease yanks away the most important things in our lives...

There are a couple of spelling mistakes, so read through it once more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Powerful words. No time to waste. They race each other to the end. Frightful yet not uncommon for people to want to go together. Good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes we want to spare our loved ones from suffering and so we hide our pain. But, we never know how our secrets my affect them. What the consequences could be...
Your story is about death and overwhelming pain and how some people don´t have the strength to pull through after the loss of a loved one. It´s a heartbreaking story, but true for some. It´s sad how disease yanks away the most important things in our lives...

There are a couple of spelling mistakes, so read through it once more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2015
Last Updated on November 19, 2015

Author

potato
potato

NC



About
I love to write,I always have. Writing has always been my escape to my own little world and out of the terrifying one I was living in. I love to write fiction,but with some true stories of my life and.. more..

Writing
Mia Mia

A Poem by potato


The Ocean The Ocean

A Poem by potato


A Miracle? A Miracle?

A Chapter by potato