"Dear Future Self" Series I: Natural Disaster

"Dear Future Self" Series I: Natural Disaster

A Poem by Lola
"

Dear Future Self, Don't surrender to pain and sabotage. Shock them with the strength they gave you.

"
Dear future self,
Don't care too much. It will turn you into a drought. Tongue stretched out screaming for a taste of closure, begging for it to pour from the cotton sewn clouds only to be left screaming for more. Solid and crippled multiplying by a million flourished daisies.

Dear future self,
Don't be a drought. Be a tsunami. Be an earthquake. Be a tornado. Be a blizzard. Be a storm. Shake things up, stir it around, don't give a f**k about the imprint you leave on the people around you, because sooner or later you'll realize that its better to be a f*****g riot and be so natural of a disaster that destroying what destroyed and continues to destroy you will start to sound like common sense.

Dear future self,
Don't live for the comfort of other people. Don't be deadbeat and clueless, you'll only remain dried up from all the times you were taken for granted. Missing what it feels like to be damp yet still not receiving even a drop of forgiveness.

Dear future self,
Don't be consumed from believing and asking yourself about the questionable good in people, you were too blunt and harmless to realize what the sky never gave and will always never give.

Dear future self,
Don't expect too much and look at the sky with all anger and monstrosity and make something out of it. Make something out of the things that never thought you were something, show them you can be indestructible and fearless as their voices calling out names radio over in your head reminding you of the things you thought you weren't and the things they never knew about you.

Dear future self,
Be a piece of torment because thats what they always thought of what your company felt like, a drag, a burden.

Dear future self,
Don't beg for forgiveness. Show them what forgiveness really is. Leave them hollow and confused, asking for help the way you did when the waves hit and drowned you.

Dear future self,
Don't give it. Show them what hurting does and how it feels to be annulled by the rain and burned by the shine.

Dear future self,
Learn to live by the arabic proverb "One by one". Meaning, if one does something to you, it is only fair to do the same.

Dear future self,
Do the same, and hope that their screams of vulnerability will be fed by the chirps of birds that cover their pleads of help, so not even the sky can mourn their struggling resurrection with tears that you once starved and begged for.

Dear future self,
Most of all, love yourself.

© 2014 Lola


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again love it, and the message inside this amazing piece.

Kaze~

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Added on April 25, 2014
Last Updated on April 25, 2014
Tags: Shock, strength, future, self, help, sabotage, disaster, pledge, natural, pain, friends, hurt, rain, advice

Author

Lola
Lola

About
Into the messed up mind of a 15 year-old with jaded eyes of innocence. You, i write to you of what resides in my mind. more..

Writing
Her Sadness Her Sadness

A Poem by Lola


High High

A Poem by Lola


Time Time

A Poem by Lola