Eyes To Die For

Eyes To Die For

A Story by youngkingkwan
"

A short piece of creative writing I was playing with

"
He uncomfortably glanced around the crowded room. Searching for the eyes he sensed were watching him. Unsuccessful, he slowly walked through the sea of distracted guests trying to clear his mind of this unsettling feeling. A few moments pass and William decides it is best that he retires for the evening. After saying his farewells William turns to leave, accidentally bumping the arm of Mrs. Gwinnere spilling merlot down her dress. Understandably upset Mrs. Gwinnere frantically searches for anything to absorb the wine. William reaches into his coat pocket for a handkerchief. Just as he looks up to hand it to Mrs. Gwinnere that feeling he has been feeling all evening, begins to fade. Out of the corner of his eyes, he sees them. The only pair of shoes in the room not moving, Ivory white Stilettos slightly hidden by her dress. The silky blue garment wrapped around her body like it was painted on. She stood there as still as a statue one hand on her hip the other clutching her matching Ivory purse. Making it look as if beauty was effortless. As he visually ascended admiring every inch of what he could only describe as a goddess. The gown stopped at her chest exposing her delicate pale skin. Dark brown curls draped over her shoulders. He hesitated to make eye contact questioning himself weither these were the eyes that had been haunting him. Curiously he looked, he looked directly in her piercing green eyes. William felt a surge of electricity flow through his body. Through his legs up into his fingertips, making him to release the handkerchief. Her eyes were familiar, they gazed into his soul as if she knew him his entire life. Unable to break the stare, he looked deeper into her eyes, into the darkness. A lifetime worth of their memories flashed through his mind, memories of their first kiss, playing in the park, memories that never existed. This left William confused and overwhelmed with emotions, he still couldn't look away. His eyes fluttered with pain as a single tear ran down his cheek. He closed his eyes tightly for a moment then opened them to realize the piercing green eyes were gone. She was gone, vanished as quickly as she appeared. William scanned the room hoping to see her, only to find Mrs. Gwinnere picking up the handkerchief that had just hit the floor. As she arose and noticed the tear on William's cheek and stepped in closer. Wiped his tear away with the handkerchief, "No tears over spilled Merlot". She said, then gently kissed him on the cheek.

© 2015 youngkingkwan


Author's Note

youngkingkwan
Comments / Feedback ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on August 28, 2015
Last Updated on August 28, 2015
Tags: short, story, love, eyes, green

Author

youngkingkwan
youngkingkwan

Brandon, Manitoba, Canada



About
I've been writing poetry and lyrics for several years. I'm looking to number one share my thoughts through words with other interested people, and two hopefully get some effective feedback and/or comm.. more..

Writing