profile of the place

profile of the place

A Story by tanveer
"

This is the story about a place in the field and its beautiful view at dawn in the cold weather

"

                                     Profile of the place

In my life, I have been to many places such as Kot Diji Fort, Sukkur, Sindh, Pakistan, Qasim Park, Sukkur, Sindh, Pakistan, and the beautiful cities of Pakistan like Islamabad. But there is one place that is always in my mind. Its killing beauty, lively scenery still revolve around my thoughts. There are thousands of the places which always do the work of enchanting humankind, which reaffirm people of their existence in this world, the existence of Lord, and the master of the masters. The places their environment, mood, surroundings, and the time to be there, all these can make a man feel so strongly as if he has been shot through the heart? For man arrow shot straight to the heart. Such is the case with me; I have been to a place in my childhood during the winter season; in the dark night at about 4:30 A.m. with my elder brothers and cousins to a place which is in our field. Our field was one and half kilometer away from our house where we used to go during the winter on the Sunday.at the break of day? At dawn?  At that time nobody seemed on the road, just milkman and farmers who used to go on their respective jobs. This was very common that we used to go to the field in the winter, and in the last period of night to enjoy the real pleasure of winter season. There was another purpose to go there, and that was to see greenery and small plants. Before going there, we tended to inform our parents and due to that, they never restricted us, even they encouraged us to do so, because of that, we became habitual of waking early in the morning, and with this, we became punctual to offer Morning Prayer. Firstly, my elder brothers awoke me and then we all brothers went to our cousin’s house to awake him and then one of my elder brothers took out the car from parking and then we set out for field. At the field there was a small room with four windows from each side; the front side opened from which icy wind came in, and we were sitting in a round to get warm by warming out hands and waiting for the first sunrise, which always affects my mood unconsciously whenever I think about that which has stuck to my mind since my first visit. The cold weather and fog, lively scenery, and closeness of existence made me the admirer of that place. However! I was just twelve, but of course I was a human and had senses which made me able to feel and take pleasure in the enchanting and mesmerizing beauty of that place.

 

            First of all, the cold weather, icy wind, and gusting gave the real pleasure of the winter season. The quietness, loneliness and the voice of the breeze felt as a lullaby which made me as if I was in a deep sleep and having a beautiful dream. The room Instead of “room” I think you might need the word “hut” or “green house” or “shed” was small, about eighty square feet, a tiny room, and the roof was made of bamboo wood which was just able to keep out the rain. And a sudden gust of wind made me to cover myself even more into the shawl and to come closer toward the fire to warm and maintain my body temperature. The quiet lonely place during the dark night, and with cold breeze made the petty sounds of insects, breeze, and birds to become louder and  “frightening”  which during our talks made us worried and scared, whenever we heard that sound. When I saw here there, but found nothing then I thought it was just the gusting and then ignored it. The most interesting thing about that place was the smell which was the mixture of mud, plants, and the fog which gave the real essence of natural fragrance which felt [to] me better than the artificial perfumes. On the other hand, the fog, through which nothing was able to be seen at that time. Even though in the hut, there was the fog, which was coming out of from our breathing and due to that in the room, there was also the fog. “It was so cold you could see your breath.”  During that time tiny drops of condensed fog fell from the roof of the hut on my cheek which made me feel good; I raised my hand outside the window, to see, whether that was the fog or something else. When I got that back whole my hand was covered with the condensation. So, I got that it was really the fog.

             The most attractive thing about that place was the period when the dark night broke, and the white light came in, and the small rays of the sun came into the small hut through passing the thick fog. When these firstly fell on my face, I got attentive, because the thing, for which we were waiting for, finally arrived. The thick fog and rays of the light created the rainbow which was very close to the hut and we got even more excited to see that and glimpsing very nearly. Slowly and gradually the white light overcame to the darker one and made us able to see the clear scenery of that place. The dark and shiny green leaves of the trees looked as nature has provided the energy in the excess which made the trees to look dark green. The condensation placed on the leaves of the trees made the trees shiny; they were shining and shimmering, whenever the sun rays fell on them. In addition to this, small plants such as radish, carrots, and spinach gave a view of the green world; and the land looked as that it has covered itself from the icy wind and cold weather with the green cover as a shawl.

            Last of all, when the white light spread all over the sky and overcame to the darker one, I felt as if the peace had made the evils of the world to kneel down and surrender. Which actually gave me the sense of peace and existence of the lively things, and the presence of the maintainer and regulator of that place, The Lord. For the span of time, I felt as the world has refreshed and all the disturbing, and distressing things had been filtered through the mesh, and just peace has remained. Literally, in the night, I felt as there is no life, but as the day began, and when I glimpsed the small plants, heard sweet voices of the birds, saw flocks of birds flying together; and movement of small plants, I felt as that there is the existence of something and that is the master of the masters; “The Lord.”

            Although this may be true that the magnificent and historical? Places are the equally important and have their own values and affection, but sometimes common places can be admired by us so much, because of their simplicity; surroundings, nature, and quietness, the time, gathering, and weather play the important roles in the decoration of the places. The place which I liked and admired is simple but the surroundings, atmosphere, mood, and gathering played the  [vital] role in making that more desirable and affectionate. And just because of that, this tiny, muddy, and lonely place has stuck to my mind and impels me to go and be there most of the time, and again feel that peace, muddy smell, the sun rays, and fog. But, in contrast, it is also true that in Pakistan, Sindh, the same weather doesn’t remain all the times. So I wait till the next, and coming winters.

© 2017 tanveer


Author's Note

tanveer
This essay is all about the nature's beauty and importance of the unassuming Places.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on July 24, 2017
Last Updated on July 26, 2017

Author

tanveer
tanveer

sukkur, Isam, Pakistan



About
still i am a student. i am doing bachelor in BBA in the second year. I might do specialization in the HRM. I love writing small stories, and essays. more..