Love Is Just A Game

Love Is Just A Game

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay

Love lasts, 
does it? 

Cheat on, 
would you still? 

Betray trusts, 
won't you? 

Leave 'em alone 
those who love you, 
wouldn't you? 

This is how it works, 
doesn't it? 

Those who love 
should be taught this lesson, 
will you? 

'Cause love 
is just a game 
we play 
to quench 
our insatiable thirsts, 
don't we? 



© 2018 Dr. YumnaKay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
only those will suffer in love, who takes it through their soul,place someone at the peak of their life and sacrifice and feel silently and unconditionally.otherwise player will always plan and throw a meaningful smile that haunts you rest of your life for your true dedication.
a beautiful poem

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

A really wise observation, mou!
Thank you, I truly appreciate your take on this piece ☺



Reviews

to some it is just a game...and to others who want the real thing not a game of Clue or Chance...they wish to not just throw dice and count on luck...they want to play with a true heart on the other side.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

5 Years Ago

Always two sides of the picture, yes. Thank you so much for your insight here, Jacob. As always, app.. read more
Oh, so love doesnt last it seems, yet love is just buried under sand, it appears and disappears agina and again

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

I feel it disappears more than it appears from beneath the sand...
There is a fierce pulse that breathes through your words, a vision, a canvas of love tainted in painful streaks and scars. It is an aching glimpse of what happens to love when it hides from its true self. The rhythmic questions of your thoughts just stun the senses.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Craig for the appreciation. I am much humbled by your kind words. 😊
Love can be merely a tool to play with our hearts, though, when blossomed in honesty and beauty, love can be one of the greatest things that keeps two people together, whether romantically or not. Then again, I've never experienced true love and I'm not sure how that will go in the future... XD I don't have much of a stand to speak positive on it, but the reality of love can often be cruel, forcing people to never feel the emotion again. I've met someone who had been through heartbreak over 20 times and she never let their names escape her mind. It just... Ate away at her. I was a young teen back then, so I hardly understood... Until I got older and realized how destructive we can make love. If it's in the rights hands, love can be such a beautiful thing. Anyways, well done on this!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. I feel the same having never experienced it truly but obse.. read more
Well, Yumna,
You've certainly skillfully, emotionally, and with great passion, addressed one aspect of love … the game portion, and "Yes, love can all too often be a hurtful game."
In my experiences, and there have been literally hundreds over my years of searching and trying, lured by and entered into with hope, lust, you name it … for, there is no end to that which is entered into and undertaken in the name of "love".
There is one thing I know for certain, Yumna, "The heart has a mind all its own, that no one can tell it how to feel, whom to chose and feel it with, how long it will last, and in whatever form it will appear when it does, etc; on and on.
One may fall in-love by virtue of a plan, it may develop bit-by-bit over time, hit us when least expected, sparked in a rush of fiery, irresistible lust … love and its various forms is literally endless.
It may even brim the heart to overflowing with tears of sweetness from looking into the eyes of an infant or innocent child, or the or those of one's lover after sated love-making, or while watching the playful sweetness of a kitten, etc; there just is no end to love and its effects on the heart, mind, spirit, and emotions.
So many questions you've asked, so much is written between your lines, and so many of us will relate to the brilliant discourse of your deeply meaningful words … such unfortunate hurt I can feel emanating from them the pain is almost palpable, but such is the power of well-struck poetry upon my sensitive soul.
Perhaps, this poem I once wrote on love, not so long ago, will express something about it we all might be able to agree on.

Thank you, Dear Yumna, for blessing us with another of your amazingly captivating pieces! ⁓ Richard

"LOVE"
(to all seekers)

LOVE,
shall seek not....
but for its own satisfaction
and will not be easily swayed
from its course.

It will....
bend and twist you
and shine and dim upon you
while holding onto those within its grip.

Until....
they become pliant and giving
trusting and alive
with its genuine and crystal-clear vision.

It will know you....
even though
you do not know yourself
and until you do.

It cannot....
be captured
and will not be controlled
by anything other than love itself.

It shall not....
be fooled
nor can it be substituted
or replaced.

For....
Love is sufficient unto Love
and can be known only
to itself.

Nothing known can destroy genuine Love.

Love....
will warmly embrace you
but only upon finding you worthy
to its demanding task.

Until that occasion....
you will ever be seekers
of this lustrous gem we call –

"LOVE"


Richard W. Jenkins
©2006
"There is no single answer to the question of what love really is,
but this I have found it is to me – perhaps, now to you, eh?"


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

In my mind and poetic heart, you rise and shine by your own merit, Yumna … you honor an olde bard .. read more
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Always 😊😊
Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

"BLUSH!" 🎶
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
only those will suffer in love, who takes it through their soul,place someone at the peak of their life and sacrifice and feel silently and unconditionally.otherwise player will always plan and throw a meaningful smile that haunts you rest of your life for your true dedication.
a beautiful poem

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

A really wise observation, mou!
Thank you, I truly appreciate your take on this piece ☺
It maybe for some... but it may start as a game... then it'll develop as love. Emotions may come out cheap but the experiences that you receive and given either you recognized it or not it is always be there. It maybe a game.. or it maybe not.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Well I think its all about experiences.. Thank you for checking up on this one and for your insight .. read more
YanZeros

7 Years Ago

a pleasure to review and know this coincidence exist on your account!
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Hahaha 😂😂😂
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
When the goal is winning whatever that looks like sadly it is just a game....players gonna play. Great thought provoking poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Yes indeed! Thank you for the nice review, Starzy! I really appreciate it ☺
Love as a game - while it has been done to death it always comes back to that because perhaps we learned games as children and are still children/rank amateurs in this game.
I was minded of the great furore sparked by the world's greatest A.I. machine lately because it beat the world champion at the uber-compicated game 'GO'.
The same computer would literally blow a gasket if it ever tried to play the game of 'LOVE' - don't you think YumnaKay
Great piece for making the reader think.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Interesting logic, Tony Jordan! I agree with you. Thank you for liking and reviewing. I'm glad it ma.. read more
Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

Thank you. Reading this was a great excuse for a sojourn into my (tiny) grey cells - not that I need.. read more
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Haha😂
Thankyou for the encouragement. ☺
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my work.

I agree with Perdition with respect to love.

Reading though this piece appears to me that the persona has been hurt by what she thought was real love, only to find out it was anything but....

Not everyone that says, 'I love you' means it the way you may perceive it and therein lies the problem...perception... intention...reaction... rejection...

Wishing you well.

Alisa

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

I agree with you on the said aspects. Thank you for the review. I appreciate it It was a pleasure re.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

999 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2016
Last Updated on September 23, 2018
Tags: Love, betrayal, pain, cheat, game, trust


Author

Dr. YumnaKay
Dr. YumnaKay

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
|Dentist| |Poet| |Writer| |Realist| |Enthusiast| |Eccentric| |Egocentric| |Anti-social| |INTJ| |Cancerian| more..

Writing
Seconds Seconds

A Poem by Dr. YumnaKay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..